I, BIRTH OF THE AGES

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

HERA'S POINT OF VIEW

My hands shook with anxiety as I headed back into the palace. Today had been more than rough, that couldn't begin to describe all of the bullshit that went on during the first trial of the day. Some demigod had decided to anger Hades, which meant that we had to go to the Underworld. By nature, I hated that place more than anything.

Life hadn't been too hard. In fact, things had been quite serene. My womb growing with my beautiful child, I always thought of what they would turn out to be like. Would she, or he for that matter (although I was pretty sure the young god or goddess was in fact female. My intuition is almost always right when it comes to the matters of childbirth and gendering) would be like. Would they resemble me, or would Zeus' genes come into play. Nature have mercy on them if my husband's temper shone through. We already had enough to worry about when it came to Ares and all of his mischief.

"What shall I name you?" I questioned myself, finding myself on the stairwell. "Should I set my hopes out that you're a girl or shall I give you two names if you are in fact a boy? Oh, I already have sons, I want more daughters. You shall be so much easier if you end up being a small baby girl. I always have loved raising young goddesses. Enyo is difficult, but Hebe is a highlight of my life."

Walking up was much harder while pregnant, that much was well known. My bump got in the way of everything that I did, even while in my divine form (which I had to be in during the entirety of my godly pregnancies. It was required and custom for all).

"Perhaps you will be worthy of a name that means something already to the humans. It has been so long since I have named a child of my own. Your older siblings have been asking me what your name will be for almost two months now." I chuckled at the memories of Hebe's pestering. "Ah, I know what I will call you. If you are a girl, I will name you Callidora. A fitting name for a princess, don't you think? If you end up being a boy, your name shall be Enhastus. The latter may not have much meaning, but the first one does. Oh, I know you can't hear me right now, but your mother loves you already."'

This child's presence had been a delight for the past five months. The sudden change in my mood when even thinking of them was enough to note. Pure happiness ran through my veins when someone mentioned the child. She was mine.

A small pang hit my lower half. Not too painful, but shocking. This was not normal in the slightest. I tried to play it off as simple anxiety, but this didn't feel right.

"Sweet child, do not bump me," I whispered to my large baby bump, "Your mother loves you and needs you to stay inside for a while. I hope you can understand-"

My sentence was cut off by another pang, this one sharp and cutting. A silent scream left my lips as I grabbed onto the railing of the golden staircase. What the-