IV, WRITTEN HISTORIES

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

CALLIDORA'S POINT OF VIEW

Magic thrummed through my veins as I saw him for the first time. Standing up tall, face far away from my own, there he was. My mate, the mate I longed for.

Brown hair and red eyes, he met my gaze with newfound passion. One of my hands found itself on his pale cheek, reveling in his skin's rigid nature. Sparks flew across my skin as he placed a large hand on my much smaller one. He touched me with such care, care I had only felt in-between silken bedsheets and loving parents. This was different, much different. Butterflies were fluttering around in my gut as he sighed.

A single ring on his finger. Not gold, not ornate like that of a wedding band. Single. He had noticed me, that was for certain. Was I good enough for a man like him? I was a goddess, but from what I had learned that would not get me in everyone's good graces.

Blood colored eyes, not so different from Jane and Alec. Vampire, my mate is a vampire. Vampires are inclined to mates, according to auntie Selene.

"Dear," he spoke in my native tongue, "I have waited so long for you."

I didn't know what to say. My cheeks blushed a light gold at his words, my heart fluttering in my chest. If this is love, love is awkward as Tartarus.

He moved his hand down, fingers brushing against my lips. A small noise came from within my chest, similar to that of a cat's purr. Blushing furiously, I took my hand away from his face, realizing just how embarrassed I was. My mate chuckled, taking my hands in his. He felt chilled. Not like ice, but much colder than I was used to. Mommy and Daddy always wanted me to be bundled up tight, warm as can be.

Washed up in my own mating bond snapping into place, I hadn't come to think of Jane and Alec, who were standing right behind me. Turning my head around, I saw that they had moved a few paces back, looking terrified.

"Master, we invited the goddess over-" my mate cut him off.

"You allowed her to be hurt? She is bleeding, you foolish child!" The anger in his voice, dangerous and authoritarian, shot through the room. "A goddess! No goddess should be bleeding in the middle of the damn corridor, Aleczander!"

The use of his full first name made the vampire shrink back, moving closer and closer to the wall.

"She said she was fine, Master-"

"No, Joanne," another use of a given name, "She is not fine. Nothing about her bleeding is fine."

"Please," I tried to placate my mate. In Greek, of course, I was barely fluent in English and my Italian needed work, "Don't be upset with her, it was my fault for not taking care of the wound. I should have fixed myself before coming into your castle. Jane and Alec have done their best."