ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹¹

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

ꜱᴀɪɴᴛ ᴍᴀʀᴄᴜꜱ ᴅᴀʏ

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

March 19, 2006

Callidora's POV

My life has never been very simple. Even when inside of Olympus, my daily life and tasks had some weird complications. Like when I tried to come down for dinner, I found myself wanting to fly instead of walk. These sorts of things carried into life in Italy. When it came to flying, I liked to fly everywhere. Marcus found it cute but more often than not it would freak the royal guard out so much that they avoided me when I flew.

There's something about being up in the air that's so appealing. Just having the wind rushing through your hair as you let the air guide you is amazing, but now that I had gotten control of my flight it was so much better. No longer did I stumble, although one could argue that I never stumbled in the first place, but gracefully flew through the air.

Now, I was flying everywhere. At the moment I had just flown into the castle, much to Marcus' dismay. He wanted me to stay on the ground today since it was his day.

Saint Marcus day, what a holiday. The Volturi had influenced an entire holiday. When I was told I wasn't sure that they were telling me the truth. I mean, an entire day just for Marcus? I would give him every day of the year, but that was to be expected as his mate.

"On the ground please," Marcus begged of me, wanting me close to him at all times now that I had gotten pregnant, "Oh, also, we have a trial right now. Actually, would the Cullen boy count as a trial? Doesn't matter, I still wouldn't want to be late. You know how Aro gets when we roam around outside for too long."

"It's so sunny out today," I giggled, pressing my heels to the ground, "Aro can wait for just another minute, can't he? I've barely been able to see you all day!"

"I'm afraid not, my dear," I pouted, knowing that if Marcus said so I would have to listen to him. "Sweetie, we can go out later tonight, when it won't be so bright and dangerous. Aro doesn't like it when we go out during the festivals, especially on Saint Marcus Day."

"But it's your day, Marcus." Even if he nodded, I knew I wasn't getting anywhere with him. I shut up, knowing that maybe, just maybe, if I was able to get through this trial I could sneak out with him later on that afternoon. Marcus is funny like that, breaking the rules after I ask him to. "Affie says that I'll be getting my letter on what I'll be the goddess of either today or tomorrow. If you want, you can come up to Olympus for the ceremony..."

"I would love to, darling," Marcus took my hand, leading me into the throne room. Aro and Caius were waiting with a few guards. Aphrodite was stationed at the door, as she has become somewhat of an honorary guard. Alec also has to make sure that she's guarded at all times, so having her near him is a must. "What is on the agenda for the day, Aro?"