V, GARDEN FIXING

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

Callidora's POV

Our conversation had stopped, with neither of us saying anything before we reached the gardens of the Volturi castle. Filled to the brink with dazzling yellows and oranges, these gardens were not like the ones back in Olympus. These flowers would live, and then they would die. No magic would be keeping them in full bloom. Some are already dying, curling up sadly on the ground in a heap of mortality.

Lacking any magic, I suspected that humans or vampires tended to these plants, keeping them alive with their own hands. It didn't cross my mind that people would put so much effort into things without magic. Hell, vampires and humans had no ability to possess magic (although gifts are similar, however highly limited).

Where had my mate taken me? Well, currently I stood in front of a set of frosted doors, ready to open them myself. However, ready as I was, Marcus opened them up for me, leading me into a large greenhouse. It was not on the outside, per se, but it had the same feeling. I loved being connected to nature, something that my brothers and sisters loved.

"My dear, I present to you my favorite tree." I turned to the middle of the room. Standing smack in the darn middle of the room was an ancient purple Wisteria tree. My favorite... his favorite... "You look a little shocked, dear Callidora."

"They're my favorite type." Marcus let out an awkward laugh. "No, seriously, we have one back in Olympus that auntie Demeter tends to."

"Well, here it is," he waved his hands over to the tree. "Aro thinks it's royal, Caius thinks it's prissy."

"What's so prissy about a Wisteria tree?" I question, heading over to the beautiful tree.

"Caius thinks that the color purple is prissy. He has some odd opinions, my brother. Athenodora finds a way to slap it into him that the color is nice when she can, although most of her days are spent in the East Towers." I nod, curling up under the flowers that hung near my face. "They're very attractive in a setting like this."

"If he thinks that Wisteria is prissy, what flowers does he like?" Marcus hums, sitting down next to me. "He has to have a favorite flower."

"He's expressed little care for nature, but I believe he enjoys the Azaleas we grow. His mate insists on having them inside of their chambers at all times and I doubt he would hate a flower Athenodora adores." So he does like flowers. One type, at least. Perhaps that man has more of a heart than he leads on. Always looking so angry.

"If he likes flowers, he is redeemable," I say with confidence, bringing a fallen flower back to life. "What would life be without their beauty?"

"Simply a bit duller, my dear." I smile, connecting the flower back onto a stem so it could flourish again.