ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁸

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

ᴏʜ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ:

ꜱᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

His kisses were like cold fire on my skin, but I loved them all the same. Marcus' hand captured mine as we walked down the sidewalk, able to love freely on this day. My mate had put in some brown contact lenses. Although I missed his cherry red eyes, these brown ones looked human, and that mattered more than anything else.

Humans walked all around us, hand in hand. Marcus had made sure we had a reservation for today since most places would fill up without one. I didn't know the area, so the choice in food was his idea, even if he couldn't eat any of it. I suspected I would love it, knowing that Marcus had brought me some interesting Italian and Greek dishes in the past.

Snow still lingered on the floors, but it didn't have the same arid feel, simply sitting there, ready to melt away into the drains of Volterra.

"Just down here, my dear," Marcus pointed in the right direction. A few people inside of the shop gulped when they saw the two of us together. Oh right, some of the humans are allowed to know since their families work for Marcus and the coven. I would be scared as well, being a little human in front of a vampire king.

"Mr. Volturi," the owner greeted in Italian, polite in mannar, "I was surprised to see your reservation. You have never shown interest in such establishments, given your condition."

"Ah, yes, my condition," Marcus chuckled, "I will not be the one eating today, Mr. Romano, but my mate Callidora will be. You'll be seeing more of me now that my other half has found me after all these centuries."

The human man looked shocked to say the least, but one of the waitresses, who I assumed was his daughter by her resemblance to the restaurant owner, led us to a booth. Nobody had come in yet, so we were free to chat all we wanted.

"Such a beautiful time of year," my mate mused, handing me a menu, "I hope you like it here. The Romanos have been keeping our human servants fed for almost a thousand years now. I was able to find some things you like."

I blushed, but took the menu, looking through. Mostly Italian dishes, but there were some foods I could recognize from yesterday's outing with Aphrodite. "I'll have the lamb."

Marcus smiled and nodded, ordering the food for me.

"Here you go, Mr. Volturi and company," the waitress said before putting the food down in front of me. Thanks were given before I finally started to eat. Even if I couldn't gain much from eating this, it did help stave off some of my hunger. Ambrosia would give me energy, but this lamb was really good. Always picking the best, aren't you, Marcus?