ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁰

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏꜱꜱɪʙʟᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

Callidora's POV

I blinked for about five minutes straight after my mate said those six words. No, a baby? That couldn't be right. Vampires cannot have children, that's a known fact. It couldn't be physically possible for a vampire and a goddess to have a child without some sort of help. Besides that, how would he be able to hear a heartbeat coming off of me two weeks after we completed the bond? For any normal baby it would take five to seven weeks, not two!

"Oh, Callidora, it's so precious," Marcus mumbled against my stomach, never leaving my side, "That's what was making you smell so different. You have my baby inside of you! I never thought it would be possible, my love, but you're pregnant with my child."

"That isn't-" he cut off my denial.

"My hearing is impeccable," he hissed out, fitting himself into my shirt. He never did things like this. My shirts did not have my vampire mate inside of them! "Get someone else to check it, but I can hear their heartbeat and you have only slept with me."

As much as I wanted to believe it was true and as much as I wanted to believe my mate's frenzy was in fact justified, I knew that vampires were infertile. To test that fact with the possibility that I am popping out a child in a few months would be horrifying. No vampire has been known to father or mother a child, so how could I possibly be pregnant right now? That would be testing everything that anyone knows about creatures of the night as an entire species!

I love my mate more than anything, but this was getting out of hand. "Marcus, I can't be pregnant. I'm sorry that we can't have children. I know that you always wanted children but it's impossible as a creature of the night."

He just wouldn't listen to me, denying everything that I say, "I can hear the heartbeat and I can hear yours. They are different heartbeats, my love. I know that it may be hard to believe, but just give me a chance. Give me a chance to prove it."

At that moment, our door slammed open, revealing a very frantic Alec and Aphrodite.

"Second opinion, now!" Aphrodite ran over to Marcus, who was still huddled up against my chest, "Am I pregnant? You guys can hear heartbeats, right?" I gulped, seeing my cousin was in the same situation as me. "Alec said there was a heartbeat that is not mine coming from my lower half and he is the only one who could have gotten me pregnant! He can't even get people pregnant, but he refuses to see that fact and insists that we are having a child!"