VII, CERTAIN ADVICE

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ:

ꜱᴇxᴜᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀꜱᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ _______________ ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

Were it not for the frigid climate, Marcus and I would have stayed outside in that park for much longer. Alas, I had to control myself and my divine form, sliding back into a human-like shape (although that was a tricky thing, I myself did not look very human even in mortal form).

The next few days were spent meticulously preparing for Valentines day. I had never experienced this holiday, just as I had never experienced any holiday other than Hebe's birthday, which took place a week after my odd birth. These holidays... they seemed fine enough. My sister's birthday consisted of presents and hugs, two things I think I like. Especially the hugs, I know I like those.

Seasons were odd things. Humanity and Olympus alike have their own set holidays, but I think most of the ones that the Volturi celebrate are to commemorate the gods and goddesses of Olympus, which is funny because some of the things that we do are to commemorate humanity and some of their best achievements. I mean, I'm pretty sure Daddy made up most of them, or perhaps brother Ares and brother Apollo. Nature, the trouble those two got in once Daddy realized they let me have a sip of wine. They were thrown out of the house until the next week!

I still had no idea what was to come on the day of love. Aphrodite has insisted on taking me out shopping, which means I'll likely come home with a whole new wardrobe, knowing her. The goddess of love took no chances when it came to my appearance, dressing me up at every chance she got. I look like a pretty little princess all day and am able to relish in the comfort of some of my mate's silk shirts at night.

Those shirts of his. Mmmm. If my cousin allowed me to wear them around the castle, I would. From what she had been caught wearing yesterday, one of Alec's oversized hoodies, I suspect that wearing your mate's comfy clothes is a normal thing. A hypocrite, she is, but she's my family and I love her all the same.

"We have to get you into something sexy," Aphrodite says, picking out a scandalous outfit. "It's my day to make you shine. Oh, the day of love. Now I have my mate. Everything in my soul is complete. True love has finally been granted after thousands of years. It's almost too much to handle!"

Everyone was used to her dramatic flair by now, and by all nature she is dramatic as all underground. My cousin held her own in the world, caring more for love than anyone else. Her life was centered around the desire for love, and now she had it with her mate. Alec really is a lucky young man.

Her ideas of what I should wear on a day of love differed from my own. I doubt Marcus cares about sexiness, I was his mate, didn't that make me sexy to him already?