Chapter 1: Different Worlds, Same Heartbreak

When Shen Qingqiu opened his eyes, a foreboding feeling came to his stomach.

He was staring at a familiar ceiling, surrounded by familiar people. He was back in his room in Cang Qiong Peak. They said many things, probably calling to him as Shizun, asking if he's okay. But he's searching the room for only one person, he's heart beating wildly.

"Where is Luo Binghe?" He stood up from the bed, eyes frantic.

Everyone went silent, unsure what to say. The expression on their face was ranging from pity, nervousness and even sadness, especially on Ning Yingying. The pit on Shen Qinqiu's stomach deepened, as if he was being attacked by blood parasites again, but nobody made a move.

Liu Qingge was the first to deliver the news. "He's dead."

...

Shen Qingqiu nervously chuckled. "Don't be so mad at him, Liu-juju. What, the Can Qiong Peak won't let him in? Where is he right now, I have something to say...."

"Shizun!" Ning Yingying was sobbing. "Liu-shixiong is telling the truth. Ah-Luo is dead!"

Even Mingfan was misty-eyed. "He.... He killed himself right after he carried your body out of the icy lake. He wouldn't listen to anyone when they said they wanted to check. He just pulled out Xin Mo and.... Stabbed himself in the heart with it..."

Their joking, right? This must be a mean prank because of their resentment to Luo Binghe. He can't die. He's the protagonist! It's the most impossible thing that could happen in this world. He was scared of this thought when he activated the self-saving system, but he never thought even once that it would happen.

System, a-are you there? Even his inner voice was shaking. Tell me Luo Binghe's location right now.

[System experiencing major issues. Unable to respond as of the moment. Try again later.]

Major issue? What kind of major issue?!

[System experiencing major issues. Unable to respond as of the moment. Try again later.]

Goddammit, where is Luo Binghe?! He's not dead, right? RIGHT?!

[System experiencing major issues. Unable to respond as of the moment. Try again later.]

Shen Qingqiu slumped back to the bed, face so pale. What else would cause the system to experience a major issue? Just as he woke up, he fainted again.

...

...

On the other side of the Xin Mo sword, a scowling face was staring at his reflection.

Proud Immortal Demon Way's greatest stallion protagonist had just about had it. The wives are fighting amongst themselves again. Sha Hualing clawed a nun's shoulders. Huan Hua Palace's Young Mistress struck her with the whip. Almost a dozen was sent out because their pretty faces are now too unruly and destroyed to satisfy the great demon lord. Luo Binghe just watched everything with droopy eyes and a cold expression, never interfering or doing anything. He looked like the most exhausted man in the whole world despite his stamina and full spiritual power.

Now that the scum had turned into a stick, what's next? He even got tired of hitting the corpse again and again like a pinata and rearranging the fallen flesh and bones just to hit it again. It gotten to the point that it became just a decayed mess of pieced together cells, beyond recognition of the person it used to be.