Chapter 18: A Date With Shizun (Part 1)

"Are you really sure, Shizun?" Bingge looked around stiff and alert. "I'm already familiar with Huan Hua Palace so there's no need to tour me."

"You don't like Huan Hua Palace?" Shen Qing Qiu asked while fanning himself as they stroll in Jinlan City.

"No, it's the little..." Bingge stopped as a woman in fancy robes holding a whip approach them while their headed to the Huan Hua Palace gates. "Her. It's her, stand behind me, Shizun."

"Big Brother Luo! Big Brother Luo! You have returned!" The Little Palace Mistress came with Qin Wanyue lagging behind her. She growled at Qin Wanyue and yelled: "Get out of here! Big Brother Luo had returned, therefore he must be back for me!"

"No, I just came to visit. We'll be going then..." Bingge turned around when Shen Qingqiu turned him back to face the little palace mistress.

"Of course he came for you!" Shen Qingqiu said. "We have some matters to discuss in the underground water prison. Can you lead us there?"

"You bastard!" The little palace mistress cracked he whip on the ground. "You dare return here after all the grief you'd cause?! When you came, we lost Gongyi Xiao and my father!"

"Your father? Gongyi Xiao?" Bingge knitted his eyebrows.

"Ahehehe, I know it's very shameless of me, but let's put the past behind us. Luo Binghe is still the master of Huan Hua so he can visit whenever he want with a guest, right?"

"Why, you cut-sleeve man-snatcher!" She shouted.

Qin Wanyue: "Calm down, palace mistress!"

She was a bout to struck her whip at Shen Qingqiu when a hand came to catch it and send it backwards along with her frail body.

"Binghe! That's too much!" Shen Qingqiu said.

But Bingge's eyes darkened and went cold. "Shizun is right. Huan Hua is my territory and I can bring anyone here. Who are you to harm my guest?"

Qin Wanyue knelt beside to help the little palace mistress up, but she just struck the whip at her. "Big Brother Luo, have mercy! You know the mistress has a temper, please try to understand!"

"Hmph! Why reason with him? He treats me like a fattened pig anyway!" The Little Palace Mistress, Xiao Gongzhu, spat and stood on her own. "Huan Hua helped you with the whole Tianlang-Jun business and everything yet you treat me like this! Fine, walk every nook and cranny of Huan Hua with that bastard! Just don't ever show your face to me again or else!"

And then she stomped off.

"Thank you, Bing-gege. But don't you think that was too much?" Shen Qingqiu said when she left. "She's still a girl."

"It's more demeaning to treat women like frail, delicate flowers instead of equals who can also fight and be evil." Bingge said as they continued walking. "I won't let anyone hurt Shizun."

Shen Qingqiu rubbed his shoulders from the sudden coldness of Bingge's demeanor. This was supposed to be a happy date like Airplane-bro suggested, where they go back to the memories so he can understand more of the world while gaining cool points at the same time.

"But..." Bingge suddenly stooped and sighed. "If Shizun wants me to apologize, I will. Maybe after our 'date', I just don't want to see them again."

"Them? Your wives?" Shen Qingqiu asked. He remembered about Bingge's punishment dream. "Do you really hate your past that much?"

"I hate the person I've become, and the lives I affected because of my dark deeds." Bingge lowered his head. "If only the Shen Qingqiu there were half as good as you..."