Chapter 21: The Memories of a Villain who Transmigrated to the Real World

("Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Shen. It's a baby boy.")

Shen Qingqiu and Bingge got transported into a white building with multiple rooms and many people rushing about, some in white coats with metal things hanging around their necks and some laying in beds.

"What the... why are we here?" The master's eyes were as large as the moon as he looked around the entire scene befire him.

"What is this place, Shizun?" Bingge was taking in as much information as well in this bizarre surroundings. Everything about it is unfamiliar to him.

"This is..." Shen Qingqiu could not believe that in front of him was his mother and father, with a doctor holding him in a bundle. It felt like forever since he'd seen them. "This is the real world. My world."

"Shizun's world, huh..." Bingge went closer to the baby Shen Qingqiu and took a peek, but no one noticed him. "Is this child... Shizun?"

"I think so, but this doesn't make any sense." Shen Qingqiu put a hand over his head. "I don't even remember my own birth, but why is it showing in the dreamscape?"

"Moreover..." Bingge tried to study the baby's face carefully, as if memorizing it. "That voice earlier... that's him, wasn't it?"

"Mn." Shen Qingqiu nodded. "Shen Jiu, the original Shen Qingqiu. But how did his last memories got here? I... really don't understand what's going on."

("A-Yuan looks great doesn't he?" Mrs. Shen said.

"He does." The doctor smiled, but then it falters. "But Mr. and Mrs. Shen... I have some bad news."

"Bad news?" The two parents look frightened and hugged their child closer.

"A-Yuan seems well and healthy now... but we found that his arms and legs are weaker than the average. Not only that... but so is his heart. We advise that he stay at home as much as possible and do monthly check-ups. He can't grow up like the other kids, and he can't be overexcited or overstressed or there's a big chance of heart failure. We can't explain his condition yet, and we can't find any proper diagnosis for him, but all we know is he have to grow up as a sickly child, though he looks normal to all of us, maybe even to himself."

Mrs. Shen cried and Mr. Shen hugged her close. "None of his older siblings are like this. Is there no other solution? We're willing to pay."

 "Unfortunately, money is not the problem here, Mr. Shen. We'll do the best we can to research on this. But A-Yuan may not feel sick himself, so it might be better to not tell him and treat him like any other child, but with more restrictions and stricter guidance. We're very sorry but you'll get through this.")

Shen Qingqiu's mouth was agape during the whole exchange and he sat down shakily on one of the hospital beds. Bingge sat beside him, his eyebrows creasing.

"They never told me...Ha..." Shen Qingqiu laughed incredulously. "I get it now."

"What?" Bingge asked but then a gust of wind came and washed away the hospital scene, changing it into a modern Chinese household.

("Father, can Yuan play tag with us?" A child asked to Mr. Shen, a few years older than the one before.

"A-Yuan doesn't want to. Right?"Mr. Shen smiled at him.

"Yeah." The child agreed because his father said so with a smile.

"Aww... you never let him play, that's why he always lose." Another child just a year younger than the first said.

"He loses because he wants to lose. A-Yuan is not competitive, and besides, he likes playing with his younger sister here. You boys go on ahead."