Chapter 20: A Date with Shizun (Part 3)

"Hmmm, we should try dreamscape next."

"Would it be alright for Shizun to let me through his dreamscape?" Bingge asked worriedly, because he honestly don't know what to expect with Shen Qingqiu's memories with Bingmei.

"Mn. You have my consent, don't worry about it." 

It's not really a matter of consent that I'm worried about, but more so what I will see and how I'll feel about it. The stallion protagonist thought, but didn't say a word.

They laid together back at the bamboo house on the same bed. Bingge kept his distance but his Shizun was very laidback and kept coming closer, not noticing how uncomfortable his disciple is by his side. Shen Qingqiu yawned and stretched his arms. "What a rough day, dates are fun but they're really draining. I guess this is the best way to end it, we can do this again next month to earn more points. I had more ideas on what to do to earn cool points for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it."

"Uh-huh." Bingge answered, distracted by the fact that Shen Qingqiu's arms are wrapped around him.

His Shizun turned to him, his hair slightly rising from the action and falling softly back down. His eyes are half-closed and teary from the yawn, making them shine like a thousand stars. "What about you?"

"What about me?" Bingge was only paying attention to these details and the melody of Shen Qingqiu's voice, but not what he's saying.

"I'm asking how you feel about the date." His Shizun chuckled, with a hint of tiredness but still bright and airy. "Is my disciple even paying attention to what I said?"

"Yes! Of course, Shizun, I--" Bingge cleared his throat, breaking out from his reverie. He tried to sound as emotionless as possible. "I enjoyed it as well, it wasn't bad."

"Not bad? We earned thousands of cool points today bro, and I even got chummy with you and called you a friend. Be more grateful for this day, we totally lucked out!" Shen Qingqiu raised a fist to the air. "Ah, there's just too many excitement packed in one day. I for one would say it's a great date! It was awesome!"

"Really?" Bingge asked, trying not to sound glad his Shizun thinks that way.

"Really! Ah, but I'm also really tired." Shen Qingqiu rest his head on Bingge's shoulder and closed his eyes. "Let's go to sleep, Bing-gege. Start up your dreamscape magic."

Bingge was surprised by the closeness and knew for sure there's no way he can fall asleep in this position. He tried to calm himself by saying Shizun is his friend now, so he shouldn't think too much about it and just go to sleep. But it still took him 15 minutes before he can force himself to got to the world of dreams.

****

"What took you so long?" His Shizun smiled at him once he entered the dreamscape. "Look, this is the scene it started with, have you seen this scene before?"

Bingge stepped closer beside him and watched the two figures on the distance. "That's when Shizun is making Luo Binghe run ten laps, correct? I've seen it on Luo Binghe's dreamscape before."

"Yeah. Isn't the Young Binghe so cute?"  Shen Qingqiu grinned while fanning himself. "He's your typical baby protagonist, before he debuted as a powerful hero. So silly and naive."

I don't know about naive, it's obvious that the kid is falling on Shizun on purpose. Bingge thought but didn't say a word about it.

"It's good that this is the first scene we see---"

"Shizun." Bingge noticed something.

"What's wrong?"

"Isn't that..." Bingge pointed at the bamboos on the distance. A figure stood, also watching the scene of the young disciple running laps with his master. A few blocks away, another figure is walking towards the man, a burning mark on his forehead.