𝐝𝐢𝐱- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐡, Estelle was sitting on the edge of her seat, wringing her hands together. Today, of course, was the day of the first task. All of the students were seated in a circular arena-like structure, in the middle of which was were the whole dragon fighting thing would be taking place. Estelle then heard the read-headed twins, Fred and George, yelling.

"Bets! Place your bets here!"

Estelle just rolled her eyes at the two slightly younger boys, the ghost of a smile coming to her face.

"Your attention please!" boomed Dumbledore a loudspeaker spell in place, "This is a great day for all of us."

He's then cut off by the roar of a dragon, and when all of the students stop screaming, he continues.

"Each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger," Estelle winces when he says that, "Please keep your seats at all times. This will minimize any risk you may be exposed to."

A couple of minutes pass, and then the boom of a cannon rings out. Startled, Estelle almost jumps out of her seat. Hannah giggles at her best friend, making Estelle shoot her a look.

"Diggory! Diggory! Diggory!" the crowd chants.

Estelle can't help but cup her hands around her mouth and holler, "You've got this Ced!"

"Ced?" Hannah questions.

"Shut up," Estelle groans when Hannah starts to wiggle her eyebrows. 

Estelle was freaking out practically the whole time. Cedric had transfigured a rock into a dog, distracting the dragon. It worked pretty well, but about halfway through the dragon turned around, burning Cedric's face. Of course, Estelle was worried, but she knew it was something just about any healer could handle. Next up was Fleur.

"You can do it Fleur!" Estelle yells at her sister, who caught her eye and smiled.

Again, Fleur did as well as could be expected. She, along with Estelle and their friends had figured out a spell that could put a dragon to sleep. Now, what they didn't expect was that dragons snore. Fleur's dragon did, and when it did, it lit her pants on fire. After a quick Aguamenti charm she was fine and was able to get her egg. 

Third to go was Viktor Krum, and finally, Estelle could relax, at least for a little bit. She wasn't too worried about the Bulgarian, as she had no connection to him. He had cast a Conjunctivitis Curse on the dragon, which made the dragon stumble around quite a bit. He too had retrieved his golden egg. Lastly was Harry.

"Hell yeah, Harry!" Estelle yelled at the top of her lungs, trying to drown out the people that were booing the poor boy.

Harry had actually done wonderfully. He had summoned his broom and flew around the dragon, only sustaining a cut on his shoulder. Harry and Krum tied for first, Cedric was second, and Fleur was third. Estelle was so beyond proud of Harry, she was proud of all of them. Sure she wished Fleur was first, but as long as someone other than Krum won, she would be happy.

Just as soon as Harry reentered the tent, Estelle was out of her seat and on her way there as well.

"Fleur!" Estelle called out as she entered the tent, smiling as Cedric before hugging her sister.

"You did wonderfully," Estelle tells her.

"Hardly," Fleur chuckles sadly, "I got third place."

"Oh hush."

"Estelle seriously! I should've done better."

"Fleur, mom and dad would be proud, that's all that matters."

"Yeah, yeah, stop being sappy. Save the tears for your injured boyfriend."

Estelle hit her older sisters shoulder jokingly before making her way to Cedric, who's face was now healed. She jumped into his arms, hugging him as he swung her around and...

'click'

Cedric immpediately let go of Estelle at the sound of the camera shutter. Turning around Estelle none other than Rita Skeeter, the one who had written that atrocious article about Harry.

"Aw young love, how" she pauses a beat, "Stirring."

Cedric pushes Estelle behind him slightly, glaring at the reporter.

"Well, since nothing that interesting happened today, I suppose you two might make the front page!" she says, her voice malicious.

Just then Viktor Krum comes up behind the blonde woman, "You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends, you are neither. "

"No matter, we've got what we wanted," Rita says, making Estelle roll her eyes.

After congratulating Harry, Estelle leaves the champions tent.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Estelle was walking down a corridor when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hello Ced," she says, already knowing who it is.

"Hi," he replies sheepishly.

"Want to sit?" Estelle asks him, gesturing to a nearby bench.

"Sure."

The two sat down, rather close to one another, before Cedric spoke again.

"I'm sorry by the way," he says.

"Sorry about what?" Estelle questions, as he had nothing to be sorry for.

"The whole picture thing."

"That. Well, if its any consolation, that was a rather lovely hug before Skeeter ruined it."

Cedric chuckles, "It was a rather nice hug."

"Cedric, its okay, really. Im used to the whole 'attention' thing. Veela and all," Estelle says, winking at the last part.

"I knind of forgot you were part veela," Cedric admits.

"What? Worried about me charming you into falling in love with me," she teases.

Cedric laughs, and Estelle thought that was his answer, but what she didn't quite catch is when he whispered 'I'd fall in love with you even if you werent' under his breath.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧