Get Yer Nerd On!!

I stood alone in the crowd smiling at the flower.

My love will come today, he had to. I thought.

" Sage, " I twirled around to come face to face with the chocolate brown eyes. Kaleb. The thought of him sent my legs weak.

" My love. " I responded sweetly. He smiled a toothy grin and hugged my waist. I giggled and looked up. He leaned in and his soft lips.....

*****

" Ahh!! " I shot up from my bed. Thank God it was just a dream. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and observed my surroundings. We was back in the hotel room, the bay window was open and Ace was sleep with a protective look on his face. His arms laid limp still folded across his chest. A ghost of a smile formed on my face. He stayed up to make sure I slept nice and peaceful. That's my brother alright. I look at the way he's positioned. His head rested on the window and his legs was crossed at the feet. He looked very uncomfortable. I got up as the ruffles on my dress made no sound. The soft dark blue carpet made my feet mold into it.

I picked up heavy Ace and carried him to his bed. Wow, I didn't know I could do that. Football is working. Shit, football practice was Saturday and Sunday. I missed it. Dammit! I silently cursed myself as I took of Ace's black suede shoes. I set them down and took off his suit jacket. I pulled the covers over him then kissed his forehead. I walked over to the coat hook and hung it up. Slowly, I made my way to the bay window and sat down. Staring out the bay window, I started to think.

I should give up football, this injury would surely cause a huge problem. Jalen or Kaleb probably already told someone and that means that I'm doomed. They would have to go to championships without me. They can make it, right? Mack can fill in for me. He's only been on the field once out of the whole season. He needs some plays. Christopher can go up or something too. Vic won't mind, hopefully. I have a big impact but nothing bad is going to happen. Just because one player quit the whole team won't lose championships, right? I need to call one of them.

I got machetes phone and dial Cyrus number.

" Aye, it's machete! " he shouted in the background.

" Yo machete!! " I heard Kevin shout.

" You missed out man! " Matt said.

" Man put him on speaker phone. " that must be Lucas, he's on defense I think. I heard a click then feet running.

" So what up man, wanna hear the juicy details...." Malik started.

" Or see the juicy boobs!? " Vic continued. The guys laughed as I chuckled at them.

" Nahh man I got some news. " I said deep and all serious. They all stopped laughing, now I got their attention. I sighed heavily and started to speak.

" I'm quitting football..... " my sentence was easily cut of by them shouting.

" What!?! You can't do that....."

" We need you man..."

" Who gonna help us get the girls!? "

" Fuck that! Who will lead our team to the championships!? " Christopher shouted. They all shouted in agreement. I huffed loudly as their rants became clutter of words.

" Give me the phone. " Vic demanded.

" No give me! " Cyrus said. A serious of beeps echo in my ear then the dial tone. Did they just hang up? I clicked the end button, oh well.

" You're quitting football? You love football. " Ace groggy voice made me stare his way.

" How long have you been up? " i asked trying to change the subject.