Annoying Talkative Chocolate Hater

Rudy had me drive us home since she didn't have a license. She walked in leaving me inside my truck. After 30 minutes of waiting in dead silence, she came out with suitcases. Uh oh, what have I done? She lifted the trucks cover and shot them in. She closed it back and rushed into the passenger seat.

" What are you doing? " I questioned. She finally got her seat belt on then turned you me.

" You miss Adam right? " she asked. Well, yeah. I reached for his ring that was on a chain and nodded.

" We are going to meet them half way. Matthew gave me the tracker that pinpoints their exact location. They haven't moved in a while so they must be sleeping right now. They should be about 5 hours away at average speed, according to this. " she showed me the tracker beeping. That was in the next city over.

" Let's go. "

******

4 hours. 4 consecutive hours of Rudy blabbing on and on. No wonder why she gets driven to stores, and school. That's it. This is torture. Nothing is on the Radio and she won't let me listen to my music. She says it's rude to do that when someone's speaking. You want to inquire what's rude? Speaking for 4 hours straight. I tried to convince get to take a nap so she would be energized when she see them but it didn't work. It was mostly for my benefit. You want to know what's really bad??

I've run out of Doritos after 30 minutes of driving!!

I need some serious snackage. We passed by dozen of stores advertising my delicious Doritos but Rudy claimed that she didn't want to miss them. If we do, we will notice. Then she came up with this impossible story about having a traffic jam on just our side and the boys ride past on the clear side. That took up a waisted hour. I haven't mentioned anything since.

Ding.

Ding.

Ding.

I looked onto my dashboard to see the gas light blinking.

Thank you Jesus!!

I pulled over to the nearest gas station and told Rudy to fuel up my baby. I walked into the store with a familiar ding of the bell. Oh, this is my little slice of Heaven. I started to roam the aisles for the variety of Doritos and maybe get Rudy some pretzels. I found the Doritos and a angel choir sing.

Doritos at last,
Doritos at last,
thank God almighty,
Doritos at last.

I picked up every bag and kind and got a big back of pretzels. I set them on the counter then ran to the coolers for my big liter bottle of Mountain Dew, and another of raspberry Brisk Ice Tea. I went to the counter and pulled out my wallet.

" That will be $6.75. " I gave him a ten and bagged up my snacks as he counted my change.

" You change will be $3.25. " he said. He put it in one of the bags and I stared to leave. Wait, my daily dose of chocolate. I ran to the car and set the bags down. I went back into the store and find everything I can that has chocolate, white and regular,  in it.

" $4.50. " the man said. I have him exact change and bagged up my own stuff. Rudy say in the car eating her pretzels listening to rock music. Thank goodness, something to listen to besides her yammering. I put the bags in and started the car up again. I opened all my Doritos then started driving again.

********

" Stop here. " Rudy instructed. I ate my last Doritos and pulled into a motel parking lot.

" Ok, I'll go get us a room. " she said then got out the car. I waited, drinking my last bit of mountain dew for today. Luckily, I still had a bunch of chocolate left along with a whole bag of Twizzlers, Snickers, and Tootsie Rolls. That would be my midnight snack of I wake up.

" Okay, ours is room 142. " Rudy said through the rolled down window. I took the keys out of the ignition and grabbed all my non finished snacks.

" Hey, let me get some, I've never had those. " She pointed to my box of Whoppers. I never thought I would hear those words. Who hasn't tried Whoppers? They are like, the most delicious piece chocolate after Twix. I gave her one and she putted it in her mouth. Immediately after she spit it onto the ground.

The horror!!

" Elch, chocolate. " she shuddered. I gasped loudly.

" What do you mean 'Elch, chocolate' ?" I asked her. She opened the room door and sat the keys onto the awaiting desk under the TV attached to the wall.

" Chocolate is disgusting. " She said like it want a big deal. Newsflash. This is a big deal. A very big deal. Who didn't like chocolate?? Everybody does. Well besides the people allergic to it but to not like they choice? Those people are just crazy. Chocolate, is chocolate. There is no way you couldn't like it.

IT'S CHOCOLATE!!

I shook my head at her disappointedly. I couldn't even look at her anymore.

CHOCOLATE HATER!!

I locked the door and face-planted in one of the queen sized beds and fell asleep wondering what world Rudy came from or what planet she thinks she's on.

IT'S EARTH YA KNOW!!