4

WARNING: F SLUR!! (DON'T READ IF THIS MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE)

(KUROO'S PERSPECTIVE)

I finished singing the song. Kenma was quiet. I could only hear soft breathing on the other line. He had fallen asleep. I smiled. Good. He needs it, I thought. I stayed on the phone. His breathing calmed me. Does that make me crazy? The thoughts drifted off as I, too, fell asleep.

The sun shined on me through my window. I could feel the warmth of the rays beating down on me. I looked at my phone. The call had ended on its own. I stretched and got out of bed. How is Kenma? I wondered. Is he still asleep? I grabbed my phone and decided to shoot him a quick good morning text. Just for the hell of it.

-Kurooster-

Good morning! You feel right asleep last night! Are you excited about our date tonight?

-ApplePi-

Why didn't you tell me you could sing?

-Kurooster-

I dunno I guess I just never really sang to anyone before and I didn't have a reason

to.

-ApplePi-

Look, if we are ever gonna be in a relationship together, I have to establish some rules.

-Kurooster-

Oh? Like what?

-ApplePi-

Like you have to sing me to sleep every night.

-Kurooster-

So you liked it that much?

-ApplePi-

Whatever. It is the only thing that helps me sleep.

-Kurooster-

Whatever you wish for is my command, Kitten.

-ApplePi-

You are crazy. You know what? I wish for you to leave me alone until the date

(TEXT READ: 10:22 A.M.)

I left Kenma on read and got ready for the day. I had to make sure our first date was perfect. I looked at all the restaurants where I could order a pork cutlet bowl. I checked the pricing. I had enough yen...but it didn't feel like enough. I could still do something better. A plan formed in my mind. I would surprise him. As the puzzle pieces fit into place, I had a cup of coffee and took a shower. My dad called. I clicked decline. I got dressed. I wore a white t-shirt and black, ripped jeans with a hoodie. The one Kenma liked. My dad called again. I picked up the phone in annoyance.

"What is it, Dad?"

"Come home, your mother misses you." my heart sank.

"No. Not until you stop drinking."

"I have. I'm sober." I heard my mom crying in the background.

"Did you hit her?"

"I did no such thing!" the crying got louder.

"Dad stop hurting her."

"AKARI SHUT YOUR MOUTH! DO YOU WANT ANOTHER BRUISE?!" I heard my dad yell at my mom.

"Dad, stop," I cried.

"Then come home," he said.

"Maybe I will when you stop drinking."

"Maybe I'll stop drinking when you stop being a fag-" I hung up. Tears streamed down my face. No. I wouldn't let this ruin my day. I had Kenma. He was enough. I wiped my eyes and tried to forget. 

(Sorry for the short chapter. I'll make the next one longer!)

:)