20

(KUROO'S PERSPECTIVE) -ONE MONTH LATER-

Today was the day. Today Kenma and I would fly to America. I woke up at four in the morning with Kenma in my arms. The alarm went off. I smiled.

"KENMA WAKE UP!" I yelled. He groaned. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell," I said as I sat up. "I'm just so excited. We get married in two days!" My heart pounded at the word married. We would be bonded forever. Kenma sat up in an instant.

"Nevermind I'm awake now." I laughed and hugged him tightly. I shook his shoulders hard.

"MARRIED!!!" Kenma giggled.

"Yeah." I looked at our room and spotted the bags that were already packed. They'd been ready since last night. I got out of bed and got dressed. Kenma got dressed too.

We arrived at Tokyo Airport hand in hand. Kenma put on his mask. I smiled at him. Hand in hand, we walked inside. After going through security, we boarded the plane. Kenma got scared as we took off, so I held his hand. He hadn't been on a plane before.

"What if we crash?" he asked anxiously. "I don't like heights. Hold my hand!"

"I'm already holding your hand."

"Oh, right," Kenma said, glancing at our hands. After we were in the air, Kenma took out our switch. We played Smash Bros for a while. After Kenma beating me for the eighth time, I started to get bored. Kenma fell asleep on my shoulder. I leaned my head against his. Soon enough, I'd fallen asleep.

I woke up to the plane jolting. The turbulence was bad. Kenma opened his eyes in fear. He grabbed on my arm and shook. Suddenly, the plane started to fall. We were falling. No, no, no! The pilot used the com. On the plane.

"ATTENTION! THE PLANE IS CRASHING!" I looked over at Kenma. There wasn't enough time to prepare. We were falling. We were going to die. I hugged Kenma as we braced for impact. Closer, closer, closer. There was nothing to stop us from falling. Death was upon us.

"I love you," I said. The plane crashed on an island.

Hours later, I woke up. I smelled smoke. The plane was on fire. I looked next to me. Kenma was unconscious. I shook him. "KENMA?" Kenma didn't respond. Tears flooded my cheeks. I broke the promise. "KENMA WAKE UP!" I checked for a pulse. He was gone. No. No. No. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. I looked up. The plane's roof was gone. I yelled at the sky. I screamed at the world. I looked back at Kenma and stroked his hair. "Baby, why'd you go away?" I asked. I held on to him as tight as I could. He was gone. I felt empty. I cried until there were no tears left.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I panted. I was crying. Kenma woke up beside me.

"Baby what's wrong?" he asked as he wiped a tear-off of my cheek.

"Sorry. It was a dream," I said, wiping off my tears. "Sorry I broke the promise, but Kenma, you have to promise not to die."

"Why would I do that?"

"Cancer, plane crash, I don't know. But you can't leave me. You have to promise not to leave me. I can't live without you. Without your soul. It makes me empty inside, the thought of you not being there. Holding your....holding your, your, -the bod-bod-body..." Kenma hugged me.

"I promise."

"Does that make me crazy?" I asked. Kenma shook his head.

The plane ride lasted another ten hours. When we arrived, we got off the plane and headed to get our baggage in LAX. For once I was glad I passed the English class. Kenma failed, so he would rely on me. Or so I thought. Kenma led us to baggage when I got lost.

"How...?" I asked.

"I was in advanced English, remember?"

"....no," I said, trying to recall. "I thought you said you'd failed it?"

"Oh right, now I remember, I was preserving your ego." I playfully shoved him. Kenma and I got our baggage and headed to a taxi. We got inside. The driver was a pretty girl with long hair. She was very buff. She helped us put our suitcases in the trunk and got inside.

"You two on your honeymoon or something?" she asked.

"No. We are getting married. They don't let you get officially married in Japan."

"Ah, that makes sense. Congratulations!"

"Thanks." She drove us to our hotel.

"So, where is the Statue of Liberty?" I asked. "We wanna do some sightseeing."

"Uhm," she said.

"What?"

"This is California, not New York." the woman said. Kenma burst out in laughter.

"You thought- Kuro I- Bahahahahah!" I smiled cockily.

"I was just trying to make you laugh Kitten."

"Sure, you were. Sure, Kuro." When we arrived at the hotel, the woman helped us unload our bags. We went inside our room. "I swear to god you embarrassed me with that driver," Kenma said. "How well did you do in your English class?"

"I got a C...."

"No wonder. Well, now you gotta make it up to me~"

"Oh ho, sure. How may I do that, Kitten?" Kenma smirked.

"They have a sauna, did you know that?"

"No...?"

"Well now you know, we could book a room for just the two of us~"

"Oh?"

"Mhm...and you wouldn't have to work out later today then...it would be sweaty...and hot. Really hot. And naked, and-" I pulled down Kenma's mask and kissed him. He smiled into the kiss.

An hour later, Kenma and I headed to the sauna. We were only in our towels. I held his hand as we went inside. We were alone. I sat down next to Kenma and looked deeply into his eyes. My lips met his.