18

(KUROO'S PERSPECTIVE)

The next few days were better. I woke up in the morning next to Kenma. Our mornings went back to cuddling and kissing. The grief was still there, but it got better. I had Kenma, and he was enough. What I wasn't expecting was to wake up to loud knocking on the door on Sunday at seven in the morning. I opened the door with only sweatpants, rubbing my eyes.

"Hel-" I started.

"HEY HEY HEY!" Bokuto yelled.

"Wha?" I said, looking at the eight people standing outside my door. I saw Bokuto, Akaashi, Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukishima, a green-haired man, Lev, and Yaku. "The fuck?"

"Cover your eyes, Yamaguchi," Tsukishima said, covering the green-haired man's eyes. "There is an ugly man without a shirt." Then, I remembered. Yamaguchi was Karasuno's pinch server.

"Tsukki, don't be bitter," I said. Tsukishima rolled his eyes. "Wait," I said. "What happened to, 'Don't call me Tsukki?'" I mocked.

"OH YEAH!" Hinata yelled. "TSUKKI IS LESS SALTY NOW!!"

"Shouyou!" Kageyama hissed. "People are sleeping.

"SORRY TOBIO!"

"SHOUYOU BOKE!" I quickly led them in before they made more noise in the halls. I didn't want to get reported. I wasn't expecting guests, so the apartment was a bit of a mess. Yamaguchi surveyed the room and noticed me and Kenma's underwear and clothes on the floor.

"Sorry," I said, "I wasn't expecting guests."

"You guys must have had, Uhm, a lot of fun last night," Yamaguchi said awkwardly. I felt my cheeks flush as I picked up the clothes. Lev snickered and whispered something in Yaku's ear. Yaku punched him in the stomach. Kenma trudged in the room, wondering what all the commotion was. His eyes widened at the sight of the nine of us.

"Shouyou..." he said, shaking his head. "I said seven."

"It is seven!" Hinata said.

"Seven. At. Night." Kenma said, clearly annoyed.

"I don't know the Western time."

"BOKE!" Kageyama yelled.

"Sorry Kags," Hinata said, clearly embarrassed. "How did you expect me to know the western time?"

"...because we are adults? I also said seven at night. Was that not clear?" Kenma said.

"HEY I'M ONLY EIGHTEEN!" Hinata yelled.

"Bold of you to assume shrimpy had brain cells," Tsukishima said to Kenma. I started to get fed up with this.

"Just...make yourselves at home I guess," I said. "Kenma and I need to talk."

"OOOOOOOOO KENMA IS IN TROUBLEEEEEEEEEE!" Bokuto yelled.

"Hush, Bokuto," Akaashi scolded. I dragged Kenma to our bedroom.

"Care to explain?"

"I'm sorry, Kuroo," Kenma replied. "It was supposed to be a surprise tonight, but Shouyou obviously ruined that. You've just been so depressed lately, and...well...we wanted to show you that we are your family. We were gonna all play volleyball together today. Do you still wanna do it?"

"Yeah," I said. I just needed a minute to process all of this. I took Kenma into my arms. "Thank you." I kissed him. I didn't notice when the group walked in.

"EW, THEY ARE KISSING!" Lev yelled. I broke away from Kenma, feeling my face get hot. I felt intruded on.

Bokuto started laughing. Tsukishima laughed too. Soon enough everyone was laughing, even Kenma and me. It felt like a crazy family who was in everyone's business. A family I never had, but so desperately wanted. No. They were my family. As Kenma said, my family could be whoever I wanted it to be.