6

(KUROO'S PERSPECTIVE)

I sighed in relief. Kenma wasn't sick. We could still have forever together. I wondered when I would tell him I loved him. Maybe in a year? No, that would be too late. I would tell him on the fourth date. That sounded good. I would have to be more careful with him. Even if it wasn't here now, cancer could easily come back. There was a chance he was lying, but I refused to believe it. I would wait for him to tell me himself. My dad called again. I declined and ran my hands through my hair. Why is he so difficult? I wondered. I looked on my switch to see what Kenma was doing. He was playing Pokemon Shield. I didn't want to bother him. Instead, I tried to write him a song. It was no use. I didn't know what to say. I was too in love with him to know what to say. Does that make me crazy? I wondered.

Four weeks past. It was finally the fourth date. Kenma told me he wasn't feeling too well and didn't want to go out. He canceled our date. I wouldn't let that stop me. I would bring the date to him. I wanted to make it special. This would be the day I confessed my love to him. I put my portable record player in a case. I headed over to Kenma's house and knocked on the door. He opened it.

"Kuro?" he murmured. "What are you doing here?" He looked tired and sick. I ignored it and put on my brightest smile. 

"Here for our date!"

"Kuro, did you not get the memo? I got sick. I just threw up all over the living room."

"So a little flu is going to stop us?"

"You could get sick," he said.

"I don't care. You are more important. So, do you feel well enough to go to the roof?" Kenma shook his head in annoyance.

"Kuroo, I am only wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. I don't feel like a date."

"Please?" I whined.

"Fine. Only for you, but don't blame me if I throw up on you."

"I wouldn't dare," I smirked. I grabbed some stuff and went up the stairs of Kenma's apartment complex until we reached the roof. It was summer, so it was hot out. The stars twinkled in the sky. The galaxy was beautiful but not as beautiful as Kenma.

"It's beautiful out here," he said. Kenma wasn't one to compliment nature, so when he did, he meant it.

"Not as beautiful as you." I looked into his eyes for a minute. He had the most beautiful eyes. I smiled at him. Kenma shifted his glance away and looked at the sky, stopping himself from turning red in the face. I took out my portable record player and hooked it up to the only outlet outside. I played The Beatles.

"A British band?" Kenma asked.

"Yes, why wouldn't it be?"

"God, Kuro, you are so weird," Kenma said.

"But that's what you love about me!" Kenma didn't reply. I got down on one knee and held out my hand. "Dance with me?" I offered. Kenma shyly took my hand, and I stood up. I placed my hand on his waist, and he placed his right hand on my shoulder. I proceeded to hold his free hand. We slowly danced under the stars.

Slow dancing with Kenma was magical. Every second. The way he leaned against my shoulder, feeling my heart pound in my chest. His soft breathing. His small, warm body brushing against mine. It was enough to make a man fall in love. More than enough. I slowly spun him around. He stumbled and stepped on my foot. I laughed and pulled him into my arms. He was perfect. Too perfect. How was it legal to be that perfect? I looked down at him and pressed my lips against his. He tasted soft. Like apple pie. The kind of apple pie that is so good, you can't stop. I continued kissing him. I could have kissed him until daylight. Kenma got tired, so we laid on the floor, staring at the stars. Something moved in the sky. A shooting star.