7

(KENMA'S PERSPECTIVE)

Kuroo carried me to my room. I fought him, but he didn't listen. I couldn't have walked even if I wanted to. Chemo was worse than in my memory.

"It's gonna hurt for a bit of time," Kuroo whispered in my ear, "but don't worry. You'll kick this cancer in the ass." He sat me down on my bed and took my clothes off caringly, leaving me in my boxers. I was freezing.

"Can you please give me some sweatpants or something?" I asked him, my body shaking. Kuroo felt my forehead.

"You feel warm." He left me in my room, freezing. He returned after about a minute or so with a thermometer. "Open your mouth," he said softly. I obeyed him. THe stuck the thermometer in my mouth. When it beeped, he took it out and looked at it. His eyebrows furrowed. "40 degrees celsius. Nope, no sweatpants for you."

"But I'm cold" I mumbled.

"I know, kitten. Lie down on the bed. I'll be there in a minute to warm you up." I did as he asked, but I pulled the comforters over me. Kuroo rolled his eyes and pulled the comforter off the bed and onto the floor. "Sheets only." I sighed and pulled the sheets over me. I shivered. Kuroo came back a few minutes later in a hoodie and nothing else. He climbed into bed with me. I hugged him tightly, desperate for the body heat. "This chemo is bad, huh?" All I could do was nod and listen to his heartbeat. It was calming and slow. Before I knew it, I was asleep in his arms.

The next morning, I woke up hot. Very hot. I kicked the sheets off and woke up in a cold sweat. Kuroo was sitting next to me, scrolling on his Instagram feed. He looked over.

"Kitten, you are awake!" I groaned and fell back on the bed. I was tired. I wanted my switch. Kuroo seemed to know what I wanted through instinct and handed me my Nintendo. I opened it up and went on Pokemon Shield. I glanced over at Kuroo, who was blushing for some reason.

"I can't believe your mom said I would be her son-in-law." he groaned out of embarrassment. He threw his phone on the bed and covered his face with his hands.

"Well...I mean...she isn't wrong," I mumbled, focusing on my game.

"That's not the point-" Kuroo groaned. "Wait. Did you just agree to marry me?!" He asked. I threw a pillow in his face.

"Shut up Kuro."