13

(KENMA'S PERSPECTIVE)

The game night double date was fun. Of course, I would never admit that to Kuroo, but I enjoyed myself. Watching Bokuto and Kuroo play just dance horribly and debating Pokemon Sword and Shield with Akaashi was fun. I was surprised to see Akaashi beat me in Mario Kart. I beat him the next round. I put effort into games for once. At the end of the date, Bokuto and Akaashi left with the tickets. I slumped to the couch, pouting.

"How did you let them win?" I asked Kuroo.

"Oh, Kitten, it's fine," he said, putting his hand gently on my knee.

Later that night I went to take a bath. The water was warm and refreshing. I sighed and closed my eyes. Kuroo knocked on the door and came inside.

"Any room for me?" he asked. I quickly hugged my knees in an attempt to hide my naked body.

"Oh come on," Kuroo said. "It's not like I haven't seen you naked before. But I don't want to pressure you, so I can leave!"

"Wait," I said. The words escaped my mouth before I even knew what I was saying. I covered my face with my hands. "Stay?"

"I wouldn't dream of leaving, Kitten," he said as he got undressed. I peeked through my hands. How did I get such a good-looking boyfriend? I wondered. As soon as he took his pants off, I squinted my eyes. I refused to peep at him. I moved to the left side of the bathtub. Kuroo sat down on the right. He looked at my back. "What are those bruises?" he asked. I continued hugging my knees.

"I get bruised easily with this type of cancer," I said.

"Oh." Kuroo put his back to the tub and laid flat in the tub. I thanked God for the bubbles. "This is nice," he said, "We should do this more often!" It was all I could do not to blush. Kuroo sat up and took some of the bubbles in his hand. He placed them on my head. "There! I gave you hair again!" I looked up at my head.

"Thanks." I patted the soft bubbles. They felt weird. I took some bubbles from the tub. I tried to give Kuroo a beard but ended up falling on top of him. Water splashed out of the tub and I was on top of Kuroo. He hugged me.

"You are so clumsy," he teased.

"At least I can receive a volleyball," I replied. Kuroo pretended to be offended and splashed water on me. I got off of him and splashed back. It felt like we were kids again.

"Kuroo?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Since I don't have hair anymore, can I wash yours?" It felt like a stupid question, but Kuro smiled like it was no big deal.

"Of course, Kitten!" Kuroo sat in front of me and I took some shampoo from a bottle. I dunked Kuro under the water for a second, getting his hair wet.

"Hey!" he yelled, snorting water. I laughed for the first time in forever and lathered his hair in shampoo. "That feels so good Kenma Kun~" he sighed. His hair was silky and smooth. It was fun to wash. When I finished shampooing his hair, I dunked him under the water again. Kuroo spat out the water. "Can you not do that?" I didn't get all the shampoo out. I dunked him again. Kuroo yelled. I prayed my mom didn't hear. I couldn't help but laugh at Kuroo a little. He smiled. My laugh was a rare thing. After washing Kuroo's hair, I got the body wash.

"Can I?" I asked.

"Kinky," he said. My cheeks flushed.

"Nope. Now I'm not doing it," I pouted.

"Wait please I'm sorry!" he pleaded. I slapped some of the wash on Kuroo's stomach and rubbed his abs. Abs. Abs. Abs. I thought. The only reason I offered to wash his body. "Did you do this just for my abs?" he asked.

"Maybe," I replied. "Does that make me crazy?"

"Yes. Very. Are you gonna continue?"

"Nah. I only did it for the abs. I like how they feel." Kuroo sighed and washed. "So you really like my abs that much, huh? More than video games?"

"That's...debatable," I said. Kuroo splashed me with water.

"Wasn't the last time we took a bath together was when we were...four?" He asked.

"Yeah. It wasn't as fun. You didn't have abs." Kuroo laughed and pulled me into his chest.

"I love you, Kitten."

"I love you too, Kuro."