Chapter-3

I woke up the next morning with the sun's glistering golden gleams gently nudging my eyes through the white fairy curtains alongside my bed. I stretched my arms thinking how pleasant the atmosphere was that day until the cruel processor in my head rebooted back the memories of all the bitter incidents that had been happening in my life recently. Unfortunately, the atmosphere in my family was not that pleasant.

Before I could freshen up, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to find Sebastian, our caretaker, with a tray inundated with food.

"Breakfast, ma'am."

I took the tray from him and kept it on the table adjoining my bed, preparing to go to freshen up when my hand suddenly knocked down the mug of milk. And CRACK.

All of a sudden, Bruno jumped down from the bed and started licking the milk that spilled on the floor.

"Bruno, stop licking that!"

I struggled to get my stubborn pet away from the milk. I put Bruno back on the bed and rang the bell on the table to call Sebastian. When I looked back, Bruno was lying still. That angel fell asleep again?

"Bruno, get up baby," I joked as I tried to wake him up. He wasn't moving.

"Bruno?" I called out again, but he lay motionless. Fear crept into my soul as I continued my efforts to wake that puppy up. His heart was beating really fast, I could say that from his pulse which I could normally never feel. I couldn't control my tears. I lost my father in the same way.

"What happened ma'am?" Sebastian inquired as he came near the door. I had forgotten to close it.

"Ask the driver to get the car out, fast!" I exclaimed.

"The driver isn't here yet ma'am," Sebastian replied in a worried tone.

Why did everything have to happen on the same day?

"Get the car keys out quickly! I'll drive."

I carried Bruno in my arms and sprinted after Sebastian to the main entrance. He handed me the keys to Pappa's car which was parked in the garage. Just when I was about to get into the car, someone called out from the back.

"Miss Amyra!"

I turned around to find Mr. Xaviers. Oh please, not now at least.

"Where are you going?"

"Can't you see that my dog is in a terrible condition? I don't have time to answer your questions now!" I almost yelled.

"Wait," -he paused a little- "Jonas go with Miss Amyra."

Mr. Jonas hopped out of the house and got into the car within the next minute. I knew I would be wasting time if I tried to protest, so I got into the car and left for the Veterinary hospital with Jonas. It was actually good in a way since I didn't have to drive myself with Bruno in my arms.

 It was actually good in a way since I didn't have to drive myself with Bruno in my arms