Chapter-24

"Missing me?" Jonas grinned.

"Well yea, she has ordered me to send you there tomorrow," Kelvin apprised.

"With Miss Amyra," he added.

Even though he faked a tranquil look, his voice bore a note of fret.

"Wait what?" Jonas almost jumped from his position.

"How did she know about Amy-? I never told her."

"Mrs. Arabella informed her," Kelvin divulged.

They were friends, I recalled Jonas mentioning it to me before.

"So that's why she was asking me Amy's full name this morning..." Jonas mumbled to himself.

"God, I'm dead," he sighed.

"Be glad that you aren't yet," Kelvin chaffed. "Why didn't you inform your parents before?"

"C'mon Xav Bro, now if I go and tell my parents that a girl is staying at our house, they'll probably think I'm having a live-in relationship with her or something, and then you know the rest," he giggled, even though he ought not to.

"Why did she ask me to go though?" I finally let out the question buzzing in my mind.

The thing seemed really odd.

"You'll get to know that only after reaching there," Kelvin replied in a tone which I had only noticed in his voice once before- the day we had our first conversation.

The tone contained emotions. I had no idea why though.

"Xav Bro, save me this time please," Jonas requested with his puppy eyes.

"I'm already done. This is the second time she called today."

"Oh no!" Jonas continued with his exclamations.

"Take Miss Amyra with you tomorrow. She won't kill you, don't worry," Kelvin advised silently before leaving the room again.

"I still don't understand why your mom wants to meet me," I muttered after Kelvin was gone.

"She probably thinks you're my girlfriend," he laughed away.

I chuckled at his silly assumptions. Too protective mom. I just hoped she wouldn't start interrogating me or something.

"But I'm pretty sure you'll like having a tour there rather than spending a whole day alone with your Angry Young Man," he jested.

What did he even mean by 'your'?

"I'm still not sure about going, you know," I hesitated, ignoring his 'your' part.

"You're coming with me, or else mom will kill me. And as revenge, I'll tell Xav Bro that you were checking him out today," he smirked.

"What the-"

I searched around to find something I could use to attack him for this, but he had already made his way towards his room.

"Tomorrow morning at 8!" he squeaked before getting inside and slamming the door.

I eventually agreed to go, even though the whole matter felt quite strange to me- Mrs. Arabella telling his mom about me out of nowhere, his mom wanting to meet me like that, the emotion in Kelvin's tone, everything.

Well, things were a bit too strange these days anyway.