Chapter-6

I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank god it wasn't someone else.

"Jonas!" I exclaimed.

"Hiii-"

Before he could finish his over-elongated Hi, his voice ceased to a pause as his head sank downwards and disappeared. There was a BUMP just a fraction of a second later.

Did he just fall down? I rushed into my grand Italian balcony and looked down.

"You okay?" I asked as I saw him clutching the railings of my balcony with one hand for dear life.

"I guess so," he replied, looking downwards.

"Although I suppose my headphones aren't, cracked badly," he added as a light-hearted side note.

"Be glad it wasn't your neck," I commented with a look that said 'Is he always like this?'.

When he finally managed to clasp the railings with both his hands and lifted up his head high enough to bring his face into view, I asked "Now may I know what are you doing here?"

"Saving you, of course."

He had already adjusted himself in a comfortable position by resting his arms upon the railings.

"Now quickly get your stuff and let's get going," he enjoined.

"Go where?"

"Somewhere away from your house, as you said."

"You can trust me you know, not gonna kidnap ya," he giggled when he noticed the uncertainty on my face.

I still wanted to ask where we were going, but that didn't matter now actually. Anywhere away from this prison was fine for me. I nodded and hurried back inside my room to bring my backpack which thankfully I had still not unpacked.

"Hurry up! Or else I might share a mutual future with my headphones, you know," he called out from the back, but only loud enough for me to hear it.

I looked at Bruno who was wagging his tail with his tongue hanging out. He was probably expressing his happiness for leaving the house where he almost died; at least that's how I interpreted it.

"Take Bruno first," I said, handing Bruno to him carefully.

He took the roly-poly fuzzy creature by one hand while holding onto the dynamic trekking rope with another. Bruno seemed to be perfectly chilled in his arms. Jonas called me out again after they both got down.

"How do I climb down using this rope? Couldn't you bring something better?" I huffed out.

"Hello Miss Amyra, you are running away from your house. You surely don't expect to get princess treatment here."

"Thanks for the reminder."

Well for a fact, it was indeed necessary to remind me that from now on I would be doing a lot of things which I had previously never done, or ever imagined to do. So here it begins.

Although it was quite a rough journey, I finally managed to get down safe and sound. Thank god it was just two storeys.

"Car's near the back door, let's go," Jonas whispered.

We sneaked towards the back entrance of the mansion, careful not to alert the guards who I supposed were still dozing. When we reached the wrought iron gate, Jonas took out something which looked like a key from his pocket and opened the lock.

"How did you-"

"Just detective things, you know," he replied with a wink before I could finish my question.