Chapter-35

After an hour's journey, we reached a beach, the name of which I didn't know. Well, the name didn't matter anyway. Kelvin parked the bike in a safe corner before we strolled towards the center of the beach. The beach was probably prominent for parasailing activities and boat rides as the shore was lined with boats from one end to the other.

"Xaviers!" a man about the same age as Kelvin called out when we got nigh the shore.

"Frank," Kelvin greeted back in his usual monotonous manner, sharing a fist bump with Mr. Frank, who was his associate detective as Jonas had mentioned before.

"Happy Birthday young man. Not getting old yet, are you?"

"I hope not," Kelvin replied solemnly.

"Ah Xaviers, we are not at work now! You don't have to keep that detective look on your face and serious tone in your voice 24/7, you know," he said light-heartedly.

Frank seemed to be a lively man like Jonas, although I could say from the vividness of his character that he had a strong personality like Kelvin too.

"Ayyy Jonas! How did the party go last night?"

"More than Superb," Jonas grinned as he shared a fist bump with Mr. Frank as well.

"Ahh did our detective get a girlfriend?" Frank jested when he finally noticed me standing between Kelvin and Jonas.

Did I look like Kelvin's girlfriend?

"Don't get so excited yet Frank," Kelvin responded in a light manner. "She's Jonas' sister."

That felt like a weird introduction.

"My bad, my bad," he laughed. "But wow, what a coincidence! Samantha's here with me too today."

"Samantha!" he called out.

A girl appearing a little younger than Frank jostled her way amidst the crowd and appeared beside him.

"Hey, Samantha!" Jonas greeted.

The girl named Samantha reciprocated the greeting with the same enthusiasm. They seemed to know each other well from before.

"She's his sister," Jonas introduced, noticing the confusion on my face.

"I guess you know already, my sister is a huge fan of parasailing," Frank remarked while giving her a side hug.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's go," he suggested.

Jonas and Frank rambled towards the boat area side by side, deeply engaged in a conversation. I was just about to follow them when I noticed Samantha walking up to Kelvin.

"Happy Birthday Kelvin," I heard her wish with a smile.

"Thanks Samantha," Kelvin replied with a similar smile.

She calls him Kelvin?

I don't know why, but that didn't give me a good feeling.

"Been a long time," she mumbled, but audible enough for me to hear. "So, how are you?"

"You know-" Kelvin started his sentence, but paused when his eyes fell on me, noticing that I was still there.

He probably didn't want me listening to their conversation.

I glanced away quickly and made my way towards the boat area, not wanting them to think that I was eavesdropping. I don't know why, but a strange feeling was working inside me, something I had never experienced before.

I didn't have to search for Jonas because he himself came looking for me. The way he always did.

"Ah, there you are! I almost thought you were lost and was about to call 112," he giggled.