Chapter-33

"Kelvin, are you okay?" I asked anxiously.

"Yea, purr- fect," he answered in a preternatural vocal with a twitch of the hand.

"Bullets couldn't do anything, what can this wine probably do to me?"

Jonas giggled along as I heaved a sigh. Well, how much bizarre could it be if he started purring like one of Mrs. Arabella's cats because of the champagne? I mean I wouldn't mind if he does.

Putting one of our selected songs on play, Jonas passed us the platter of pizza. Bruno romped in exhilaration at the music, probably wanting to be a part of our party too. The first bite of the pizza blessed my taste buds with a lip-smacking savour. Mrs. Arabella's pizza was definitely better than any other that we would have ordered online.

There was an extra slice left after three of us had finished our equal parts, so I stealthily made an attempt to snaffle it, but Jonas was too fast.

After gulping it down in two bites, he squawked, "What now?"

"Let's play," I suggested, still miffed on not getting the last slice.

"Play what? The childish stuff that you and June enjoy messing around with?" Kelvin commented.

Well, I took that as a compliment and continued, "Let's play Truth and Dare."

The two guys stared at each other for a while, as if exchanging eye-to-eye talks.

Maybe it was indeed too childish. But who cares?

"What? Scared?" I derided.

"Let's start," Kelvin announced, grabbing an empty bottle from the corner.

We decided that whoever the capped end points towards would answer, while the person on the other end would be the one questioning. We three repositioned in a circle as Jonas spun the bottle for the first time.

The bottle whirled, and there it halted. Interestingly enough, it stopped at the same place where it started, so the capped end was pointing towards Jonas. I was supposed to question him.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Truth," he chose.

"So, how many girlfriends did you have?" I asked, spilling the first question that popped in my head.

"Ummm," he paused as he began counting using his fingers.

"Like, even his fingers will fall short for the count," Kelvin ridiculed.

"Eh, it's seven," Jonas replied after he was done with his calculations.

"When you realize it's high time to stop chasing after people who intend to leave you anyways," Kelvin pointed out.

That was deep.

Jonas spun the bottle again without giving any reaction, or probably avoiding to give any. It was now Kelvin's turn to answer.

"Truth," Kelvin chose.

I wanted to ask him the same thing that I had asked Jonas, but Jonas had already dropped a question.

"If you had to choose one person to share all your secrets with, who would it be?"

Kelvin took a while to consider.

"This moron here?" I suggested, pointing towards Jonas.

"Angel," he answered out of nowhere.

"Who's Angel?" I asked in surprise.

"It's-" Jonas was about to give the game away when Kelvin shushed him down.

"No telling."

"Who's it? Say it, please. I wanna know too!" I insisted.