Chapter-54

A click noise. My heartbeat ceased momentarily, the heart prepared to take in the bullet.

No bullet came out.

"Did you forget to load the gun or what?" Uncle Josh bawled.

Kelvin remained silent as he dropped the gun down.

Did he use that gun intentionally?

"Or is it that your stupid heart just won't allow you to shoot her?" Uncle Josh now seemed to question in suspicion.

So many sounds were echoing in my ears that I couldn't keep track- Uncle Josh's voice, the pattering of rain, a swish followed by the rustling of dry leaves.

A swish followed by the rustling of dry leaves- there couldn't be another car here.

Before I could turn around to check, Kelvin's voice drew my attention.

"I have brought the wrong gun by mistake," Kelvin replied solemnly, looking at his hands.

"You can give me yours."

Uncle Josh stared at him in utmost disbelief. It was clear that in no way he would be handing over his own one to Kelvin.

Unexpectedly and terrifyingly, a smirk glowed up across Uncle Josh's face.

"Don't bother your heart," he spoke with artificial sympathy.

"Someone else is here to do your work," he grinned.

Someone else?

I noticed Kelvin's face turning white as he jerked his head to his right, the same place from where the swish sound came from. I instantly glanced in the same direction to see who it was. My eyes widened at the sight.

"Meet your Aunt Lucy, Amyra," Uncle Josh made the introduction.

Not like I never suspected Aunt Lucy after getting to know about Uncle Josh, but I surely never expected her to point a gun at me. She adored me so much ever since I was a child.

She stood there in front of one of our cars, dressed in her usual black suit. Yet, I couldn't find my Aunt Lucy in her. The greed for property could change a person so much...

Her index finger was over the trigger.

"Aunt Lucy, you too-" I murmured as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Shoot her," Uncle Josh directed.

"I'm sorry Amy dear," she said in a melancholic tone.

I knew she couldn't kill me-

"But you shouldn't have meddled in it," she completed.

Another faith shattered, another close person turned stranger, and another stab in the heart as a bullet went off.

BANG.

My whole body turned cold as blood splattered on my face. I hadn't made a move to save myself.

But someone else did. The bullet hit Kelvin's arm.

He had thrust himself forward to take in the bullet that was meant for me. Once again.

"Kelvin!" I screamed, automatically dropping to the ground beside him.

"You betrayed!" Uncle Josh yelled, plunging forward to grab Kelvin's collar.

"Leave him alone!" I shrieked, holding him by the side as I tried to keep Uncle Josh away from him.

At that moment, I completely forgot about whatever Kelvin did. The only thing that mattered was him. I had never seen him in pain like this. He got shot just a couple of weeks back...that was also because of me.

"Wait what is-" Uncle Josh mumbled as he seized something that was concealed under Kelvin's dark hair.

It was a tiny black Bluetooth.

"Over and out!" Kelvin tried to shout the words, but Uncle Josh was too fast for him.

Uncle Josh put the Bluetooth in his own ears and listened intently to something from the other side which I couldn't hear. The colour from his face visibly wiped off the next second.

His bloodshot eyes raged with fury as he dropped the Bluetooth to the ground and stamped it with his foot, destroying it miserably.

"Who was it?" he demanded from Kelvin.

Kelvin didn't reply.

What did he hear over the call?

"Ten minutes huh?" Uncle Josh spewed the words in the most spiteful manner.

Ten minutes?

"Well well, unfortunately for you and fortunately for me, ten minutes is enough to erase both of your existence from this world," he added with insane malice, moving a few steps backward to target both of us with his gun.

I instinctively clung to Kelvin's unscratched arm, my entire body frozen half from terror and half from the rain, just like his.

"Last glimpse of your heart-touching love story," he announced in triumph.

"One King, One Queen, One bullet. Let's see who takes it in. "

I couldn't let Kelvin take in this one.

"Josh!" Aunt Lucy screamed from the back as the bullet went off.

BANG.

Author: *grins*

Author: *grins*

Okay so before y'all kill me, sorry for the prank in the last chapter hehe, Amyra didn't die!

BUT, here comes the big but-

The suspense isn't over yet...

Who do you think gets shot now?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share if you liked the twist! Your little appreciation means alot <3