☁An Unexpected Hero

🚬 Dabi 🚬

A/N: for the dabi simps :>

Dating someone from the League of Villains was difficult. On one hand you had a charming boyfriend that has a thing for arson, on the other you had a criminal who has a thing for arson. That's what it was like dating Dabi. Dabi was…. Protective to say the least. His hands were always on you, whether it was holding your hand or holding your hips. He also burned his name into your thigh so whenever you wore shorts everyone knew who you belonged to. 

“Firefly, where do you think you're going? Especially since you look this good, god damn.” You heard Dabi’s voice from behind you. Your hand was on the doorknob, you were going out with a friend and the only obstacle was the 5’9 unevenly cooked bacon bitch that you called your boyfriend.

“Out with my friend.” You twished the handle then felt two hands hold your waist so you couldn't walk forward.

“By yourself? Why don't I come with you?” He rested his chin on your shoulder. As much as you loved the guy sometimes he could be…… clingy, possessive, insane, and overly protective. 

“No babe I want to go alone, I'm getting cabin fever from being cooped up here for so long. I'll be back before you know it,” You pat his hands and they leave your waist, “I promise.” You said, giving his cheek a small peck before leaving. Dabi trusted you, but he was sceptical about your friends. If he hasn't met them he doesn't trust them. You didn't own a car so you had to walk. Walking without Dabi was… new, it was nerve racking to say the least. Catcallers whistle and call you names, it made you feel uncomfortable. You kept your head low, not paying attention to any of them.

You kept your head down, you knew they were watching and following. The only time you peaked up was to make sure you didn't bump into anyone. The nervousness from you was quite noticeable. You began to walk faster just so you were out of their sights, then you bumped into someone. Every nerve and muscle told you to not look up but you did it anyways.

“Hey Firefly, what are you doing? Are you scared of me or something?” You heard your boyfriend's smooth voice talk. Never in your LIFE were you so happy to see him. He was wearing a hoodie, if someone saw him without one he would look realllllll sus.

“Dabi!” You smiled and hugged him tightly, gripping onto the back on his hoodie. Dabi was taken aback at this, then he started to notice; the shaking, the quivering, the speed walking, the grabbing. He wrapped his arms around you and looked up seeing one of your catcallers. He glared at them, growling under his breath. You knew he was planning something, just in the tone of his growl.

“Dabi?” You whispered, looking up at him. He kept you close, wrapping an arm around your waist, you could feel his hand heating up. Your eyes widened and you gripped Dabi’s wrist, the heat slowly started to die down.

“Walk. I’m going to show these assbags who you belong to.” He kissed your neck softly. With one arm around your waist you started to walk again, you felt more comfortable with Dabi by your side. Anyone who looked at you got a harsh glare from Dabi, anyone who smiled or complimented you got a growl. He was like a dragon, overly protective of his treasure. 

“I knew something was up when you wanted to go alone and you didn't answer any of my texts, Firefly.” His hand moved from your hip into your hand, he held it so gently.

“You texted me? I-Im sorry! My phone’s always on silent.” You squeezed his hand, looking at the ground as you walked.

“I know, also don't look at the ground, nothing but dirt down there. If I were you I'd keep looking forward unless you'd want to be on your knees, in the dirt, my Firefly.” You blushed at his words, looking up from the ground. Dabi always did that, he loved seeing you flustered, he loved seeing you stammer on your words.

“Sorry sorry.” You swallow quietly, when you looked up you saw your friends house, “Well this is my stop big boy.” You kissed his cheek and he pulled you close, wrapping his arms around your waist again.

“I'm walking you home too so text me when you need a pick up.” he winked at you then kissed you tenderly. You pulled away first, smiling up at him.

“I'll see you then tough guy.” You hugged him and pulled away a few seconds later. 

“I love you, Flame.” He smiled softly. 

“I love you too.” You pecked his cheek and finished your walk to your friends house. 

You tapped your phone nervously, looking up then back at the texts. Dabi was supposed to be walking you home but he was running fashionably late. A pair of arms wrapped around you, they set their chin on your shoulder. You tensed up but relaxed once you felt warmness on your sides.

“Hi dabi.” You looked at him, “You're late.” You said, slipping your phone back into your pockets.

He chuckled deeply and lifted you up, “I'm on time, you are just early.” He peppered your neck in kisses making you smile. You wrapped your legs around his waist.

“I don't feel like walking can y-”

“Already planned on it Firefly.” Dabi snickers and began walking. You snuggled into the crook of his neck, you listened to him growl and snarl at people who walked by or got a tiny bit close. He didn't let you slip once, not even when you got home. He kept you in his arms until he dropped you on the bed, laying next to you. He held you close yet again, running his hands through your hair.

“Sleep it's late” He murmured to you, rubbing his thumb against your cheek. You smiled softly and shut your eyes. He kissed your forehead and mumbled an ‘I love you’ as you drifted off.

Up next: Collection 1