☁GOOD END

🐤Keigo Takami/Hawks🐤

A/N: good ending of the pregnancy one shot! Sorry bout the angst yesterday! Written by BaneWalf

9 months later...
You grasped onto Keigo’s arm as he rushed the two of you to the hospital. It took you forever to try to convince him to drive you to the hospital instead of flying. The baby was coming, and fast. Your face was as red as a tomato, groaning and crying from the contractions. Keigo reached his hand over, holding onto your hand, his focus switching between you and the road. 

“I’m trying to hurry, Lovebird.” He whispered. He was so tired. The clock read 2:47 a.m. on the center screen in the car. He ran a few red lights, not stopping at small stop signs. You scolded him for it but he ignored you, drifting the car into the hospital parking lot. He parked the car, running to the other side of the car to let you out, lifting you up and flying the two of you through the hospital doors.

“My girlfriend’s in labor! Someone!” He yelled out. He ended up declining a few fans, shaking his head and he whispered to you how he wanted to shove a few of them. You just kept your hand on your belly, wanting to scream from the pains the labor had brought you.

A few hours later, Keigo was bawling his eyes out, sitting on the chair next to your hospital bed. He had been crying since you two got into the room, but it got worse when little Scarlet Takami had come into his vision. His eyeliner was smeared all over his face, staining his face. You were the only person who had seen him without his eyeliner since his fans really liked it on him. He was crying and shaking too much to hold his new daughter. She had small, fragile red wings just like him, tiny hands that wrapped around your finger, comforting her from crying. She was in a small outfit that one of your friends had brought from your house specifically for this day. Hawks finally calmed down enough, standing up and holding his arms out. You were so tired from the hours of labor, letting him gladly take her so you can rest. He cradled her in his arms, trying his hardest not to cry anymore.

“Scarlet, you’re so beautiful,” He whispered, smiling as he swayed around the room, “I promise to protect you with my life. I will do anything for you, Princess.” he cried, having to lift his head so the tears didn’t fall onto her and her pretty outfit. His wings were dropped so they didn’t disturb anything in the room, softly humming to Scarlet. He smiled, a small chuckle leaving him. He gently swayed around a little more. Scarlet ended up falling asleep in his arms so he decided to set her down in the provided small crib the hospital set in the room. He sat down in the chair, watching her like a hawk to make sure nothing was wrong. He wouldn’t even get on his phone to tell anyone about her because he was so scared of something happening if he looked away.

“Mr. Takami? I need you to sign some papers.” A nurse came in, smiling when she realized it was the pro hero Hawks. She glanced at his sleeping girlfriend, smirking when she looked back at him.

“May I sign them in here? I would prefer not to leave Scarlet.” He didn’t look away from his new daughter, still staring down, rarely ever blinking.

“Sure thing, just sit there and I can bring a table.” She winked.

“I don’t need a table.” He shook his head.

“Are you sure, Hawks?”

“I would prefer if I wasn’t called that when I’m at something important, more important than any villains to fight, more important than any other relationship I have, more important than my fame.” He shook his head. The nurse was pulled out of the room by the doctor.   

“I’m sorry, Mr. Takami, you don’t deserve her to be bothering you during a time like this. So, that paperwork?” He closed the door behind him after he stepped inside. Keigo nodded.

After a few minutes, Scarlet began crying so he stood up and held her close, sitting back down to sign some more papers. She held onto his shirt, pulling on it and it seemed to calm her from crying so much. He smiled, looking down every once in a while to watch her. He finished signing the papers and the doctor headed out with the papers. Keigo sent one of his feathers into her grasp, flinching when she grabbed into it, but he got over it quickly. He ended up starting to cry even more when he watched her. Keigo just held onto her while she fell asleep, his feather slowly falling out of her hands the farther she drifted off to sleep. He took that chance to take a photo of him and Scarlet, ignoring the fact that there were tears and black streams down his face. 

“The news is gonna be all over you y'know,” You laugh then hiss softly in pain, “‘Hawks, number 2 pro hero, now is part of a family’ or something along those lines.” 

“Oh shut it, I don’t plan on posting this online, I just plan on sending it to the few people who I know would want to know.” He shook his head.

“But the public will know if you continue obsessing over Scarlet. You won’t leave the house or you’ll strap her to your chest on patrols,” You chuckled. His eyes lit up, “No, you won’t take her on patrols.” He frowned, huffing in disappointment. He kissed Scarlet’s forehead before sending the photo in a large group text, also sending it to you. Mirko responded almost immediately, which made him happy. He sent a feather over to your face as you began drifting off to sleep again while he was looking at his phone, resting it next to you. You grabbed the small red feather, pulling it closer to you. You soon drifted off to sleep for a few hours, Keigo not moving and admiring his future wife and daughter.

A few more hours passed and the hospital ended up giving you the call to let you leave the next day. Keigo was packing up the few things that you had got and you changed out of your hospital gown into some oversized clothes that he had brought from stopping by the house. You held Scarlet in your arms while Keigo hauled everything out of the room, walking to the car. You sat in the back with Scarlet, setting her in a car seat, sitting yourself in the middle seat. Scarlet was still holding onto one of Keigo’s feathers, refusing to let go of it.

“Does that not hurt Kei? Her holding your feather so tightly?”

“I mean it does, but it’s nothing compared to some other pain my feathers and I have been through, but man does a baby grip hurt.” He flinched as she shifted, knocking the feather onto something.

“If you would like it back I can buy her a fake red feather so you don’t have to worry about it.” You shrugged.

He climbed into the car, shaking his head, “It doesn’t matter. It means something more when it’s a real one from me, but if you’re scared you take it back.” He backed out of the parking spot, putting his arm on the back of the passenger’s seat as he turned around to look behind the car. He glanced at you for a quick second, giving you a small smile. You were distracted with his muscles, noticing he was looking at you so you looked up and returned the smile. He turned and looked in front again, humming a song but you couldn’t tell what song it was.

You looked down and smiled at Scarlet. She was beautiful. Her wings were a little crooked from just being born, but they looked soft and healthy, or at least Keigo said they did, so you trusted him. You weren’t sure if she was sensitive to them yet or not, so you leave them alone. You leaned down and kissed her forehead,

“My beautiful girls.” Keigo smiled, looking at the two of you from the rear view mirror. You glanced up at him, sticking your tongue out. You rested your head back, trying to fall asleep again. It was a long and tiring past day or so. Keigo just smiled, driving safer than usual on the drive home.

“My two little birds.”

Up next: Shota Aizawa