Alice by Heart

ALICE POV

I was having a bad day and nothing was going as planned. My boss took the customer's side today in something that was not my fault and that ended in me getting a reduction in pay for this month. It wasn't fair and probably illegal, but what can you do.

I had been standing fixing a display case not looking at my surroundings, because why would I, when the customer had bumped into me. She had a scalding hot coffee in her hand and spilled it all over my arm, effectively burning me.She then had the audacity to complain to my boss, telling about how I ruined her dress with the one drop of coffee and how she was gonna sue the company for the damage. My boss could clearly see how I was drenched in coffee and holding my tears in, but he still took her side.

This was all my fault of course, hence the reduction in my paycheck. I mean I was gonna survive for sure, I just needed to get home and put something cold on the burn mark and just relax. I probably need to turn off my heat in my apartment, that way I can save some money there. It's gonna be fine.

I could sell my ticket for today's signing, but that was a difficult procedure and I really didn't want to. Yesterday's concert was amazing and I just wanted to thank them for everything that they had done and their hard work. So I decided against that idea as I at least wanted to end the day on a good note.Especially since I missed BTS last time they were here, I really had to become a fan of them a month after they had a concert here... just my luck. If money became tight I could always do odd jobs here and there to make ends meet. the sacrifices you do for your idol, am I right.

The biggest reason why I didn't wanna sell my ticket was because of the effect they had on me. Somehow their voices just had this calming effect, so whenever I had a really bad day, I would put up their music or some kind of interview. It was something I had never felt about any other music or people for that sake.

It was also because of them that I'd started to learn Korean. I wanted to understand what they were saying, especially since they were doing so many Vlives, I mean how do they find the time to do so many!. It took me a year to get the basic understanding of the language and another year to become kinda decent in it. I mean it was still bad don't get me wrong, that was mostly because of the fact that I knew no one I could talk with, but I could hold a normal conversation. As I learned more about the language and with it its culture, I had grown a tiny love for the country. I wanted to move to South Korea at some point, just to start fresh you know. Nothing was keeping me here in my country, well except the lack of money, but that was a minor detail. I mean, a girl could dream.

But anyways, after that disaster at my job, I took my crappy old car to get home so I could get ready for the concert but it broke down halfway. So I needed to call someone to tow my car and get it repaired.. The worker who came and picked up my car was an Alpha. He was kind enough to drive me home and I had really high hopes for him, but he ended up making some really creepy comments towards me. Having experienced that kind of behaviour before, I had smartly not given him my actual home address and simply just one in the nearby area. He didn't seem to suspect it at all.

I walked the distance to my home and went up in my apartment. The first thing I did was to get rid of my clothes and step into the shower. I wanted to scrub the coffee scent and my bad luck away. When at least one of them was gone I went and picked an outfit for the signing and laid it on my bed. Bringing out my trusty hair dryer I dried my hair, trying to desperately ignore the slight burning scent coming from it. If I just pretend that it's not there, then there is no problem. I then curled my hair with flat iron, making my hair bouncy. It was kinda easy as I had done it a million times and my hair already had some curls in it. So when I curled it, the curls would stay. All the other times my hair was just frizzy. I put on some minimal makeup, effectively hiding the dark bags underneath my eyes and put on my outfit. I looked decent enough.