Chapter 2- Back to Hell

~Train Wreck- James Arthur~
⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

A few days later, Draco woke up with a pounding headache. Crabbe and Goyle sat talking loudly. "Guys," Draco groaned, "Could you keep it down? I'm trying to sleep."

"Malfoy, it's 10. The train leaves in an hour." Crabbe said.

"Shit." Draco sat up and his teddy was still in his arms. Goyle started laughing.

"You still sleep with a bear? What are you, a baby?" He asked, giggling.

"Shut up." He stood and went over to his trunk. He started putting his stuff away and changed quickly.

By 10:45 Draco was at the front of the station. There was a light snowfall and a light layer on the ground. As he walked, he felt the snow fall on him. Someone grabbed his wrist and he turned around. He saw Hermione as her eyes glistened in the soft morning light. "Draco, I'm sorry." She said with sadness in her voice. He looked at her with anger but then softened. She wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him. Draco dropped his stuff and hugged her back. "I'm so sorry.."

"Hermione.." Draco teared up. He liked the feeling, it's been a few weeks since they had hugged. They pulled apart and Hermione wiped her eyes. She looked at him and he had a few streaks down his face. She used her thumbs and wiped his tears. He smiled at her.

"Draco, I.." Hermione didn't know how to explain herself. "I don't know what happened.." She sobbed. "I didn't know this would happen, that wasn't me! Can we please try again? I promise that wasn't me.." Her voice cracked. She sounded genuine, but Draco didn't fall for it.

"After what you did to me?" Draco scoffed and her heart broke. "You literally cheated on me. It's going to take a long time for me to accept that you don't love me, and you'd rather be with that Weasel. See you in a few weeks alright? Happy Christmas." He picked up his stuff.

"Happy Christmas.." Hermione said, holding in her emotions. Draco turned and walked into the station, trying to keep himself together. She didn't try to stop him, he wouldn't believe her anyway. "I do love you.." Hermione said softly so he couldn't hear her.

She broke down and fell on her knees. She couldn't move. Harry walked over to her and hugged her. The Weasley kids had left the night before because of their father getting attacked. Hermione leaned into his chest. "That didn't go well did it?" He said. "I'm sorry, Mione."

"We got to get on the train. We can't miss it." Harry said. She stood, with the support of him. He turned her to face him and lifted her chin. Her eyes were red and puffy, her face was wet with salty water and her nose was running. Harry used his hands that had mittens on them and wiped her face. She had relaxed and took a deep breath. She looked at Harry and he gave her a smile. "You okay?" He asked.

"A little better." Her knees were weak. Minerva McGonagall walked over to them with a tissue box. Harry took it from her and she smiled.

"Thank you," Harry said.

"My pleasure. Now you better get on the train." McGonagall rubbed Hermione's back. "I'll see you in a few weeks." She smiled.

"Happy Christmas." The two of them said. Minerva made her way back towards the castle. Harry and Hermione walked into the station with their stuff.

Draco sat in one of the booths in the Slytherin compartments with Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise. He sat next to Blaise on the window side. Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle sat across from them. No one in Draco's group cared about his, or other feelings except Blaise. He was Draco's best friend after all. He was the only Slytherin he could deal with after their 3rd year. Draco sat in the corner, with his back towards the window. He set the back of his head on the window. He put his feet up on the padded seat. Draco held himself together, but Pansy noticed. "Malfoy, you gonna cry again?"