Chapter 5- Summer of 1995 & Dumbledores Army

~Please Never Fall in Love Again- Ollie MN~

Draco woke up and screamed in pain. He clutched the bear in his hands as the pain of the memory shot through him. "Hermione.." he said through his tears. He had come home from his best friend's house a few days after Christmas. He was still extremely mad at his dad but needed his mum.

There was a knock on his door and his mother walked in, her wand giving off light. "Draco, are you okay?" She asked, closing the door softly behind her. She sat down on his bed. Draco was laying on his side, and his knees touching his chest, the bear was clutched in his arms.

"M-Mum.." Draco cried. He adjusted himself and sat up. His feet touched the floor, and he looked at his mother.

"Are you okay?" She asked again.

"I miss her," He sniffled, "I miss her a lot.." He closed his eyes and looked up. He let the tears roll down his face.

"I know.. I know.." she said, trying to comfort him.

He looked at her and opened his eyes. "You h-have no clue.. h-how I feel." Draco struggled to speak. "I loved her, Mum. She just-" he choked on his breath. "She just stopped.."

"Well.." She didn't know how to respond. "Maybe she has some requirements you couldn't fill-."

"That's not it... I gave her everything.." Draco sobbed. "Mum... I.."

"Shh.." she said softly and he stopped trying to speak. "Let it out, baby.." She said softly as Draco leaned down and his head hit her lap. She pet his hair as he quietly sobbed into her night-dress. "Listen... I don't care if she's half, pure, or a muggle-born. All I care about is you being happy. I hate seeing you like this, and it makes me sad. If Granger makes you happy, fight for it." A tear rolled down her cheek, and Draco sat up, staring at his mother. She gave him a soft and innocent smile, and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, holding her in a long hug.

After a few minutes, she got up and left his room, closing the door behind her. Draco sat there, letting the tears fall. He looked down at the bear that sat in his lap. He turned on the light and looked at it.

 He remembered Hermione's smile

He remembered Hermione's smile. How happy he made her. How happy she made him. "What happened to us.." Draco said in a whisper. He hugged the bear and cried into its fluff. He remembered his camera, Hermione's father's video camera. He had spent the summer with her and her parents before 5th year started and her father had given him his old camera. He got up and walked over to his bookshelf.

He picked it up and turned it on. Luckily he remembered how. He went to the first video. It was him and Hermione in her bedroom and he was learning how to work the camera.

"Draco, give it here!" Hermione giggled.

"No! Let me figure it out!" Draco smiled.