Chapter 8- The End of 5th Year

~On Accident- Nico Collins~

A few weeks later, things went back to normal. Well, as normal as Hogwarts could get. Harry wasn't aware that he and Draco almost had sex that one night. Ron was still furious about it and kept him away from the Slytherin. Draco was waiting for Ron to leave the Gryffindor common room, so he could sneak in and talk to Harry.

Ron walked out of the portrait and walked away. The painting began to close, but Draco swiftly got through. He made his way up the stairs into the boy's room, greeting Neville in the process. Once he walked in, he saw Harry packing up his trunk. He heard the door open and looked over. "Draco.." He smiled and walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around him. Draco smiled and hugged him back. "How did you get in?" He asked, slowly pulling away.

"I waited for the painting to open, and probably was out there for half an hour." He said, and Harry chuckled.

"Why has Ron been keeping me away from you? After seeing Hermione in the hospital wing that day, I don't remember what happened." Harry turned and walked back to his bed. He started to fold his clothes. "I just remember waking up with hickeys all over my neck. They are still there! Very faintly, but still noticeable."

Draco smiled. He walked over to the four-poster bed and sat down. "It's probably best I didn't explain."

"I need some explanation. I had to ask Ginny for makeup to cover them, they were so bad!" Harry said and Draco laughed. "Do you know how embarrassing that is?"

"I just wore my hood up. Try being as pale as me." Draco smirked.

"You had them too?" He asked. Draco adjusted his zip-up jumper, to reveal the marks that were still bright red. He covered them back up again.

"What do you think happened that night? I was the last person with you."

"Oh-" Harry's cheeks went red. "did we-"

"Oh, Merlin," Draco shook his head laughing, "no."

Harry nodded and quickly changed the topic. "Dumbledore needs me." He said, touching the back of his neck. Draco closed the trunk and Harry latched it shut. "Last time I went um.. I kinda destroyed his office, huge outburst. I don't want to go alone. You don't know much but it would make me feel better if you came with me."

"Sure." Draco smiled. He stood up and wrapped his arm around Harry. They left the common room and walked to the office, keeping away from Ron. They walked up the steps and down the corridor. Draco removed his arm from Harry's shoulder and he knocked on the door. The door opened and the two boys walked in. Professor Dumbledore stood up from his chair.

"Harry... Draco." He smiled. "Surprised you're bringing him to join us."

"I feel most comfortable with him.." Harry looked at the tall pale boy. "For some reason."

"I can see them.." Dumbledore said calmly and pointed at his neck. Harry let out an awkward laugh. "I'm sure Draco knows most of what happened, correct?" The three of them sat down.

"Sort of, I filled him in on the way here," Harry replied. Draco stayed quiet since he was only there for comfort.

"I know how you feel, Harry with Miss Granger's state," Dumbledore said.

"No, you don't." Harry grabbed Draco's hand and held it in his lap. He fiddled with his fingers. "It's my fault."

"No, the fault is mine." Harry looked at the man. "I knew it was only a matter of time before Voldemort made the connection between you. I thought by distancing myself from you, as I have done all year, he'd be less tempted, and, therefore, you might be more protected."