Chapter 14- Hermione

~Treat You Better- Shawn Mendes~

About a month later, it was now late November. Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle had been avoiding Draco and he had been sneaking off, figuring out the Vanishing Cabinet. He, along with Blaise, were invited to Slughorn's dinner party. They walked in and took their seats. Draco sat between Blaise and Harry, and Ginny was next to Blaise on his right.

They chatted and while eating, then dessert came. Draco didn't eat much, but today was the day he was waiting for. The day where he could eat for hours. Thankfully, Slughorn's party had a lot of food. He dug into his ice cream as Slughorn started talking. "So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" He asked looking at him.

"Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over the holidays." Cormac replied, looking at the Professor.

"Well, I'll be sure to give them both my best." Slughorn smiled. "What about your uncle, Belby? For those of you who don't know, Marcus' uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?"

Marcus Belby was eating his Sunday like there was no tomorrow, fucking pig Draco thought. Ginny had moved her seat and her ice cream closer to Blaise, away from the mess of a boy. "Don't know." He said muffled. "He and dad don't get on. Probably because my dad says potions are rubbish. Says the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day." Draco held in his laughter and so did Blaise. Slughorn quickly moved on.

"What about you, Harry? How's Miss Granger?" He asked. Harry looked directly at Draco, then back at the Professor.

"She's doing alright. Still in a coma but getting better. I think." Harry said awkwardly.

"Good!" Slughorn said happily. "I would love her to join us in December. I've heard great things. Malfoy," he turned his attention to the blonde. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing well, Professor." He gave him a small smile.

The night continued with a small conversation and a little bit of laughter. Harry stayed after, as Draco and the couple walked out. Ginny and Blaise kissed each other and then went their separate ways. "I'm glad you have her, mate," Draco said as they walked down the dead corridor.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed her in front of you... I forgot." He replied.

"It's all good." Draco smiled. "I'm not as sensitive as you think."

Blaise snorted. "I doubt that. At the mention of Hermione's name you cried about her."

"True. Not gonna say I didn't." He shoved his hands in his pockets. "You and Weasley are cute." He smiled.

Blaise blushed. "Thanks." He swung his arm over Draco's shoulders and pulled him in. Draco leaned on him as they walked.

"Draco!" They heard from the other end of the corridor. They turned around seeing Harry running down it. It was Blaise's cue to go. He continued walking as Draco waited for Harry to crash into him.

Harry ran up to Draco and hugged him, wrapping his legs around Dracos hips. Draco smiled but was crying on the inside. Harry held onto his neck and leaned back. "Hi." He giggled.

"Hey." Draco looked at Harry.

"I miss you." Harry pouted but let out a small laugh. Draco snorted.

"I miss you too. Sorry, I'm distancing myself so much.."

"It's okay. I've been training Ron and helping Dumbledore with some stuff." Harry looked into Draco's eyes. "Are you okay?"