Chapter 4- Yule Ball Flashback

~Magic Works- Goblet of Fire Soundtrack~
~Do the Hippogriff- Goblet of Fire Soundtrack~

Draco stood in the Slytherin common rooms, fixing up his dress robes. Earlier that morning, he and Hermione had exchanged 'I love you's. He smiled looking at himself in the mirror. "You're rather happy," Blaise said.

"Well, I should be." Draco looked at him, smiling. "Who are you going with?" He looked back at himself.

"Pansy." Blaise buttoned up his blazer. "She was pretty upset you were taking Granger." He adjusted himself.

Draco walked over to his bed, taking out a bracelet with a violet rose on it. "Sounds about right." He smiled, as he walked over to the door. "I'll see you later." He left the room.

Draco made his way to the Great Hall, which had been changed into a ballroom. He sat down on the side of the stairs, sort of hidden from everyone else. He listened to Harry and Ron as they walked down.

"Leave it alone!" Harry snapped at Ron who had been fiddling with his bonnet.

"Poor kid," Ron said, "bet she's alone in her room, crying her eyes out."

"Who?" Harry asked.

"Hermione, of course." Ron stopped. "Come on Harry, why do you think she wouldn't tell us who she's coming with." Draco raised an eyebrow, listening.

"Cause we'd take the mickey out of her if she did," Harry stated.

"Nobody asked her," Ron replied. They continued going down the stairs slowly. "I would have taken her myself if she wasn't so bloody proud." Draco decided to stand up and join them walking down the steps. Ron noticed him and glared. He noticed the bracelet but stayed silent as the Patil twins walked up to them. Draco walked past, giving the boys a smirk.

"Hello, boys." The girls said.

"Don't you look.." The Ravenclaw twin, Padma, started. "Dashing." She finished.

"Oh, there you are, Potter," McGonagall said as she walked up to them. "Are you and Miss Patil ready?"

"Ready, Professor?" Harry asked.

"To dance. It's traditional that the three champions-- Well, in this case, four-- are the first to dance. Surely I told you that."

"No."

"Oh, y--Well, now you know." She touched the back of her head. She looked at Weasley. "Oh." She adjusted his dress robes. "As for you, Mr. Weasley, you may proceed into the Great Hall with Miss Patil." She looked at the stairs and saw Cedric Diggory.

Draco stopped listening because the conversation got less interesting. He waited, leaning against the wall, staring at the stairs. He finally saw Hermione's head pop out the side. He walked slowly towards the stairs then stopped. "She looks beautiful," Parvati said.

"Yeah, she does." Harry was looking at Cho. He realized Parvati was looking the other way and turned around.

Hermione saw her crush and smiled. He smiled as well. She got to the end of the stairs and he walked over to her. Draco took her hand and kissed it. "M'lady." He bowed.

"No need to be so formal." She chuckled.

"Here." He handed her the bracelet and she put it on.

"Aren't you kind?" She smiled and they looked in front of them. They saw Harry with a shocked look on his face. Hermione's face went red.

"H-Hermione." He stuttered. "You came with Malfoy?"

"Yeah," She smiled, "so what?"

"N-nothing." Hermione could tell that he didn't mind it, but also did. "It's Ron I'm worried about."