"Happy Chakara" | Yu-Gi-Oh!

Fanfictions

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Her game was not going very well. There were only about twenty cards left in her deck. She only had a Steel Scorpion in attack mode, and in her hand was a Griggle, a Muka Muka, and a Man-Eater Bug. She had two spell cards and one trap card face-down, and three of each in her hand. Her life points were down to 1,030, half as much as her opponent. It was her turn.

Minca placed a shaky hand on her deck, closed her eyes, and drew. She looked at the card and her eyes went wide.

“Happy Chakara,” she read quietly to herself. “'FLIP: Reduce your Life Points to 200 and destroy your three favorite monsters on the field or in your hand.' But there's no attack or defense...!” She stared at the card in confusion with slight fear mixing in. She had never even heard of such a card before! Its type was “Shadow Mage Demon” and it had no level.

“Are you going to play or what?” Shizan, her opponent, called to her.

Minca moved to put the card in her hand, but something caught her eye. She looked at the card again.

“If you don't Set this card as soon as you draw it, your life is dependent upon the result of this game.”

“What?!” She almost dropped the card. She stared at it in disbelief and whispered, “This must be some sort of hoax.”

“You okay?” Shizan asked.

“Oh, yeah.” Minca pulled herself back to the battle and set the card in upside-down defense position. She gritted her teeth, wondering if it was the right thing to do.

“Blue-Eyes attacks your face-down monster!” Shizan announced.

Minca cringed and flipped the card. Her life points went down instantly and she looked at her monster cards.

“What is that?”

Minca didn't her him. She sacrificed the Steel Scorpion, Griggle, and Muka Muka, then cringed and waited to see what would happen.

As soon as the cards landed in the graveyard, the attack and defense of Happy Chakara appeared. The numbers began flipping, constantly changing. Minca couldn't watch and closed her eyes. She could hear the numbers shifting. Shizan held his breath in confused anticipation.

Then it was decided and Shizann gasped. Minca opened her eyes.

“ATK 10,000/DEF 8,000”

“Is that legal?” Shizan asked.

Before Minca could answer, the Blue-Eyes attacked, but it was way weaker.

“No!”

Shizan's life points dropped to zero exactly and the game was over.

“I won...?”

Minca stared in disbelief at the powerful card. The picture, which had lit up and become colorful when Blue-Eyes attacked, was now back to just a silohet of a man in a feathered top hat. The attack and defense were gone again.

Shizan was now at her side.

“What was that card?”

“I don't know...”

“You mean it wasn't yours?”

“I... guess...”

“Then why'd you play it?! That's stupid!”

“Well, look at it!”

Minca picked up the card and handed it to him.