2:Schemes

.....

Third Person's POV

"This....How is she?" the gloomy voice seems to echo within the quiet room. It gives hint of seriousness and uncertainty .

This voice came from Ling Xi's father,Ling Huoshan.His eyes are comparable to panda's and complexion paler than usual. Hidden within is panic that glimpse every minute. His protective side can't withstand the thought of his lovely daughter is unconscious right now.

He is just with her earlier and this afternoon he's summoned from the palace to his house from some urgent situation. He carefully and politely excused himself in front of the emperor and co-officials without revealing too much. He can sense their suspicions but they decided to pretend to be a mute and let him be.

But he did not miss the glint of mischief in their eyes.

'Palace is truly dangerous ah.'

...

Beside him is Wei Shi -Ling Xi's mother- who's unexpectedly too silent and thoughts unreadable. She's been like that since she heard the news that her only daughter fainted with unknown reason. Her body maintain her elegant posture and noble aura without any sign of haggardness. No one can tell if she's sad or mourning nor if she's happy or rejoicing.

The said lady is used to schemes so even if someone tries to read her thoughts no one succeeded. But behind her facial paralysis is a worried-to-death-mother and a grieving heart. Her daughter is unconscious so her suspicions rise. She calculated and observed thoroughly her daughter and her everyday activities. She had asked all her personal maids without anyone knowing not missing a thing.

She found out something. But she chose to stay silent and not retaliate without a proper proof.

Her heart hmp-ed twice.

'Too shameless ba.'

...

Bei Xi's POV

I'm here again.

This dark place is very mysterious and tranquil without any hint of life. It is just plainly black, just like when ones eyes is closed. I tried to wake up from this dream i again encounter. My curiosity is not satiated 'til now and hate to admit that i can't see-through this place. My naive self is now in dazed and unsteadily drifting away from sanity.

Different memories, scenes, info's, and suchs are swirling in my mind right now unlike the last time that causes a headache and strong sense of nostalgia. De ja vu?

This feeling of fullness...did i ever been in this situation. The last time of being here all i felt is emptiness. Is it the same place before or other dimension? Both are pitch black but here myriad legacies are passed to me. I'm inheriting something and i felt it drilling my brain.

This..... is for me?

...

Third Person's POV

"Her situation is steady now but there's no accuracy that it will stay that way." the family doctor seriously and frankly told the prime minister and his wife.

He suddenly come closer and said in low tone.

"Peach blossoms is too fragrant attracting too many insects. Watch out, some of them are harmful and poisonous. It is not too late but stay alert." he shake his head giving a handshake to prime minister but hastily giving an antidote behind his sleeves.

"I'm going now. Give her the best care and we'll see if she'll wake up after some few days. Her body is truly weak it could be considered your luck that she fainted early and the one you called is me or else...." he paused then walked away signing in his head.

'My work is full of thorns. Its hard to chose which path to follow.'

.....

After the farewell, Ling Huoshan's heart clench and now beating fast.

'So it's truly poisoning. Who dares to mess with this old man?'

His head is floating from possibilities and resentment unmeasurable.

There is no visitor from the last few weeks and no one plays outside. It must be an insider culprit. The only one that could be considered as suspect is his concubine but isn't it ridiculous to do such crime if you know you'll be the only one who'll be suspected. Is she dumb or she's just framed?

All of the servants in her daughter's manor are hand-picked by him and his wife so its hard to pin point anyone. Unless...bribery from the outside is included. Whether if its outside his manor or just outside her daughter's room.

Indeed it could be said in that way. But isn't it too obvious? Maybe its because of official's conflict or emperor's schemes himself. But i never made enemies and moves are thoroughly calculated to not clash with other sides.

Uncertainty descended in his heart and terrifying thoughts come and go. His only weakness is his wife and children. Accusation could not be thrown without a solid evidence so he can't vent his anger just somewhere else.

Being skeptical....he stay silent and drowned himself from his own thoughts.

"If this continues i don't know what future Xi Er will be at. Huoshan, i hate to admit it but now....im indeed horrified." contrasting her calm appearance and tone, Wei Shi's statement is panicked.

She won't show it in her face because she's afraid that if she did she'll slowly breakdown in front of her only love. There are still lingering grievances since the day he accept a servant as a concubine but she still love him wholeheartedly and believe that he can atleast do something for their precious daughter.

She want to stay strong and unfaltered from this but just a small flick could destroy her composure. Wei Shi suspects someone but could not do a thing and its killing her. Even if eager for justice and grudge created she can't visibly see-through this scheme.

For once she's about to break her temperament. Regardless of the effect she's very willing to pay the price just to retaliate and leaped in front of the foe and destroy his/her slowly. This feeling is unbearable. Thorning to shreds is not enough. Sending them to underworld is worth a ride.

Just wait for my revenge.

...

Although he's dazed, Ling Huoshan tried to think straight in line. Due to frequent absents, he is forced to attend the work he left behind in the court and the palace. Just a few days pass but his paperwork that needed to be sealed is conquering his desk like a mountain.

Confused and devastated from family issues his eyes is out of focus but he pushed himself to do his best. Furrowing his brows,steadying his hands, straightening his posture, he entered the palace emitting a noble aura that only high officials could have.

You can scheme but i'll never collapse look while walking gracefully.

Others look at him almost not politely due to their curiosity .A lot of gossips are circulating around the city about the Minister's absence. If they were in his position they might as well be not as composed as him. Truly worthy of the position of prime minister ah.

On the corner,someone is observing him trying to be invisible as possible. Hiding his aura and presence to everyone else.

Comparable to a shadow he is slick and fast.

'Hmm Ling Head? Interesting ah.....'