18:Toyed by Power,Just Another Victim

"So....... did she already ingest the last bottle?" the person's tone sound so calm and low that it can be evaluated as a lazy cat's purr.

This can be only given off by a non-caring person or a bored professional.......and the latter seems the right one.

"Your highness,i've never wasted even a drop of every bottles since the very start. You can rest assured that this lowly servant did her best to carry out her highness' orders."

The person in front of "her highness" is facing the ground and politely answers to her very questions. She knows the consequence of even a tiny error and shortcoming when serving the sovereign and it is either being crippled or solely death.

"Then why is that kid still breathing? The poison's lethality is unmatched and the symptoms is indiscernible and complicated. Besides.........

she is already consuming it since she's in her mother's womb,isn't she?"clicking her tongue, she gives the other her unsatisfied look.

"This slave heard that the doctor who the Right Minister seeks help is very capable. The medication he have arranged may have decelerate the effects of the poison but as your highness said,no cure is available yet so he may have given a wrong prescription."she slightly trembled but tried to get ahold of herself.

Nothing good will happen if she shows weakness.

"Do you think im dumb?"

"T-this slave doesn't dare."stunned by the royalty's words,she tried to answer immediately.

"Then explain to me why you ask for the Minister's ears many weeks ago,

Concubine.Luo.Shi?!"

Even without looking up, she felt a shiver down her spine just with that calm but devilish smile.

"Do you think you'll get away easily just because you have the pity of that official? No.You.Won't!"

"Tell me. Do you want your family to live?"

"Being skinned alive,bruised black and blue,crippled, even tortured halfway to death and killed by scorching fire slowly."

"Do you want them to feel that hell?"

Seeing the quivering figure of the Concubine,the lady chuckled. She walks closer and hold the other's chin up forcefully.

"Im confident that you knew the punishment of what you did,right?"

"Comply to my orders and maybe then i'll give a bit of mercy."she lightly said and lessened the force she applied while holding the other's chin. She even caressed it as if she really dotes at the woman.

"Remember your two daughters. They're still young while your husband is just as powerless as you."

"I can just flick my sleeves and they'll die in a second."

"What a pity that we actually came to this point."

The lady's monologue keeps in forcefully opening a stitch just above the Concubine's heart. It felt like her life force is being sucked out of her body.

Her family......they'll be gone just like that if she doesn't comply but her conscience is killing her. It felt like she's poisoning her own daughter. But even so,killing that child may bring her freedom. She's not 100% positive if her master will do as she said. Only the heaven knows how long did she suffer under her just to be punished severely in the end.