16.2 Yes || ہاں

Note: DOUBLE UPDATES today. ♥️♥️

main kisi ki zaroorat nahikhwaish banna chahti hoon میں کسی کی ضرورت نہیں خواہش بننا چاہتی ہوں

khwaish banna chahti hoon
میں کسی کی ضرورت نہیں
خواہش بننا چاہتی ہوں

Hot tears rolled down my face, as I rushed down the empty hallways towards the main door. The steady clanking of my heels echoing off the glistening marbled flooring. With each laboured step, I felt the walls howl at me and the roof mock me, the wicked room suffocating me. I wanted to run away as far as I could, but I felt my nerves stinging my legs, each step an agony of aching feet.

I heard the soft muffled sound of leaden footsteps stirring the end of the hall awake with their light thuds. I wheezed, as my heart leapt violently seeing Aliyaar enter the hall with a two other men in tow. His eyes were fixed upon the files in his hands, listening to the men while he read the contents off the paper.

I stood still, feeling my heart pump the blood through my veins in pounding surges. A burning heat crept up my rasping throat and I felt my legs go numb, unable to move. I could not let him see me. I did not want to see him. Not like this. Not now. A frenzied panic overpowered me and I steadily shifted to the corner, trying to hide myself in the shadows of the room.

He was too engrossed in his conversation when he walked past me, and I held my chest thanking Allah for the narrow escape. I waited for him to cross the hall when I slowly stepped outside making my way to the main door. But my happiness was short lived when I heard him call my name. "Shanzae. Is that you?"

I froze for a second, before tears began to fog my vision and I sprint, running as fast as I could towards the main door. I tried to quicken my pace when I heard him call me again, his thudding footsteps drawing near. I cursed my choice of footwear, the balls of my feet sore under my hastened pace. Relief washed over me as the main door came into sight and I raced forward grasping the handle, feeling a sweat roll down the back for my neck.

However, just as my hand touched the cold metal of the handle a hand wrapped around my wrist, whirling me back into a hard chest. "Why aren't you listeni— you're crying." His voice softened, as his eyes saw my reddened face. He blinked a few times, evidently surprised at my appearance. "What happened?" He coaxed me, taking my cold hand in his warm one.

"Please let me go." I said in a barely audible whisper.

He looked at me for a while, a little confused but then held my hand pulling me with him. "Leave me, I have to go." I said twisting my hand from his hold. "Aliyaar, let me go." I said a little louder this time.

He stopped, turning around to look at me. "You can't leave like that. Please come with me." He tugged at my hand and I followed him into a secluded room. "What happened? Why are you here?" His eyes sought my face with genuine concern and his forehead creased observantly.