17. Beautiful || خوبصورت

pyar na karne ki hazar waje mil sakti hain darr ke bazaar mein,liken pyar karne ki sirf ek dhoondni hoti hai apne dil mein

sakti hain darr ke bazaar mein,
liken pyar karne ki sirf ek
dhoondni hoti hai apne dil mein

پیار نہ کرنے کی ہزار وجہ مل سکتی ہیں ڈر کے بازار میں،
لیکن پیار کرنے کی صرف ایک ڈھونڈنی ہوتی ہے اپنے دل میں

The golden glory of the afternoon sun streamed through the wide open windows, throwing my room into the gleaming brightness of a warm, balmy summer. The rose taupe walls of my room glowed under the flooding light against the depth of the polished monochrome furniture that glistened like glossy marble. The deep mahogany wooden floor gleamed like red wine under the invading rays.

I peeped outside the window and saw the bright riot of the green trees that dappled under the towering sun. The somber trees were lined with an avenue of flowering bushes and shrubs that bustled with a bright joy against the cool green shadiness of the plantation. The white pearly jasmines littered the mossy carpet of leaves like tiny speck of snow while the variegated Bougainville and roses broke the monotony with their streaks of pink, scarlet and purple. A faint wild fragrance from the garden lingered in the breeze, making the world smile with happiness.

It was difficult to not savour the palpitating joy on this beautiful summer day, but I frowned when I turned around, my eyes silently taking in the condition of my room. Discarded garments, shoes and jewellery laid carelessly on the bed, the floor and in a brightly coloured piled heap on the couch. I had spent all morning going through my wardrobe, scavenging for an outfit to wear for this evening, but all I had done was reject and discard each article for no particular reason.

I picked up a red silk dress and walked up to the mirror. Twisting around, I held the dress against my body, trying to preen myself. But the more I looked, the more my eyebrows puckered together in a frown and an irritated confusion fell upon me. The dress did look great, but I was unsure of the colour. I didn't want him to think I was trying too hard. I groaned loudly, sinking into the bed, my face buried in the pillows.

An urgent tapping on my door made me look up and I saw Layla and mother walk inside. For a moment Mum just stared at me disapprovingly, a little bewildered at the untidy and littered appearance of my otherwise well kept room. But Layla just passed me an amused grin. "Did a tornado hit your room?" She asked with an impudent smirk.

"Are you going somewhere?" Mum asked, picking up the clothes off the floor and I straightened up embarrassed at the state of my room.

"Oh. You haven't told mum?" Layla wriggled her eyebrows, her lips curling into a mischievous smile. "Aliyaar Bhai is taking her out today."

"Oh." Her grey eyes looked at me with a flicker of surprise, but it quickly faded and she smiled at me. "I see." She said looking at the piles of clothes and I pursed my lips sheepishly. "Have you asked Abba or your father?"