19. Crave || آرزو

Mohabbat usse karte hain jo app ki izat kar sakeApse apki mohabbat se zyada mohabbat kar sake

Apse apki mohabbat se zyada mohabbat kar sake

محبت اس سے کرتے ہیں جو آپکی عزت کر سکے
آپ سے آپکی محبت سے زیادہ محبت کر سکے

The afternoon had been rather favourable, despite the beginning of the monsoon season and heavy rain the night before. The sun would, every now so often, timidly peak through from behind the frothing clouds, dispersing the gloom and blessing the earth with a golden glint. The birds and the butterflies danced and sang in high spirits and delight and I felt keenly alive in their company today.

I had spent the afternoon lounging on the garden swing, the soft winds buffeting me to and fro. I sat there drawing in the faint wild fragrance of the sweet shrubs and damp moist earth that lingered in the air, while the birds chirped merrily from the blooming hedges. The day had stretched out like eternity, but I had enjoyed every second of it. This past week happiness and joy had soaked into my bones and warmed my veins, and I had never felt so peaceful, blissful and happy.

Aliyaar was like a powerful wave of a warm ocean current that washed over me, enveloping the sandy grains of my life with a sweet refreshing feeling. The doubts and fears that had blanketed me in an inky darkness were replaced by the fine rays of joy and hope that dappled my life with renewed zest and happiness. I was beginning to float on the warm fuzzy feeling, savouring it, enjoying the raw emotions frizzling my heart. But it wasn't just my insides that leapt with joy, my dreamy eyes shone with excitement, my lips curled with shy happy smiles and the supple skin of my cheeks flushed with a crimson tint and an incredible blest expression adorned my face.

The pleasurable excitement on my face hadn't been missed by my family and they would look at me with a rapt expression. I know they were relieved to see me like this. My parent's faces were full of vitality and colour; their faces spoke and their words glowed.

I resigned to my room after dinner, when a strong gust thundered at my window, the sky turning dark and cold and I heard the soft sound of quenching rain. I opened the door of my balcony and stretched my arm out. Tiny drops of water kissed my skin, running down my arm in small rivulets. The whispering hum of the tumbling raindrops and the heady mix of the aroma of flora and petrichor invaded my senses, bathing me in a serene sense of calm.

A smile made its way on my lips, when I remembered last night. It had just started raining when Aliyaar had called and we spent the next hour having a long hushed conversation. I hadn't seen him in a week, but I had gotten used to his late night calls, where he'd tell me about his day, his life and murmur some achingly sweet things before his voice would dwindle away and sleep would consume him.

"That's such a lovely picture. When did you get it framed?" Layla said, coming up to stand in front of the photo frame on my bedside table.