02 | The Sorting Hat

still don't know my name

- labrinth

"but you still don't know my name..."

cr

cr. renissance via tumblr.

Priscilla remembered when she stepped onto the Godrian Knot in Ilvermorny five years ago. She remembered when the wooden carving of the Wampus lit up before her, and how absolutely relieved she was to get selected into the house her parents each belonged to. 

At the time, making her parents proud meant everything to her. That day she got her letter to attend Ilvermorny, her parents sat her down and explained everything. They explained were well-respected Aurors in America and what an Auror was. They explained magic to her and showed her some basic spells to ease her into the understanding of it. From that day forward, she began to see less of her parents as they took on harder jobs. Work always drew them away from home. Cilla thought that getting into Wampus house and doing well at school would make her parents take notice of her more, but in the end, it didn't make a difference.

She never understood why they didn't tell her she was a witch sooner. 

She spent the rest of her childhood practically raised by a rotation of nannies, mostly from the Wizarding World. There was one incident where a no-maj nanny caught her with her toys levitating in the air, and it made an absolute mess of things. Cilla, only being eleven at the time, thought it was hilarious and couldn't stop laughing at the shrieking nanny. Her parents thought the opposite. 

They never quite understood her mischievous nature.

Over the years at Ilvermorny, Cilla tried her best to make meaningful friendships but it never quite worked out. She was often getting her friends in trouble for her pranks despite all her meticulous planning. Over time, she realized her friends never truly understood her and they started to leave her out of hangouts with weak excuses.