24 | Dinner with the Weasleys

alright

- supergrass

"see our friends, see the sights
feel alright..."

The next few days at the Diggory cottage were lovely. Cedric, Nitara, and Priscilla hiked along Cedric's favorite hiking trails, helped his mother in the garden, and told stories of their adventures at school to his parents at dinners. 

It felt like a dream to Priscilla. She got her boyfriend back and she finally felt at home with her friends. Things couldn't go wrong.

Soon the holiday was over and they would have to depart back to school. They all planned to chip in money to get a room at the Leaky Cauldron the night before they had to go back so they could show Priscilla around Diagon Alley during the day, as she had never been before. She got all her materials for Hogwarts from shops back in America. 

The day before they were set to head back to London, they were all sitting around the kitchen table sipping on some tea with breakfast.

BANG!

"JESUS H.!" Nitara screamed, spilling her coffee all over her sweater. Cedric and Priscilla laughed at their friend before looking to see where the noise came from. Cedric cast a quick spell of Nini's sweater to clean it up.

A scruffy-looking owl was slamming its head against the window. Cedric jumped up and opened the window and let it inside. It flapped its wings a little bit before crash-landing head-first into Priscilla's plate. It fell asleep instantly.

"This owl needs help," Priscilla quipped. She peeled the letter it was clutching from its claws; it left pincer marks in the parchment. "It's addressed to me!"

She opened it up excitedly, thinking maybe, just maybe, her parents had returned. They could meet Fred, and Nitara, and Cedric, and she could tell them all about Hogwarts, except for the detentions. They would be proud of her, and -

"Oh god."

"What?" Nitara asked curiously.

"The Weasleys invited me over for dinner. Bill and Charlie are in town."

"There's more of them?!" Cedric gasped.

Priscilla chuckled. "That's what I said."

Cedric's room was a disaster that afternoon by the time Priscilla was ready to go. She had originally just thrown on a black long sleeve and ripped jeans, but Nitara wasn't having it.