40 | That's My Boy!

♫ death of cedric

- patrick doyle

or

♫ saturn

- sleeping at last

"With shortness of breath

I'll try to explain the infiniteAnd how rare and beautiful it truly is that we exist."

Harry began to sputter what he had seen to Dumbledore and Fudge. It was hilarious that Fudge had tried to claim that Cedric was just injured and that he had to go to the hospital wing, wake up, and instantly feel better. He wasn't hearing a word Harry was saying about the Dark Lord's return; the poor boy was shaking with trauma from what he had just seen.

"Let me through. LET ME THROUGH! Let me through, THAT'S MY SON! That's my boy!" Amos Diggory screamed.

Priscilla was too busy trying to blink away the tears to sense Cedric's father coming. He knelt next to his son and began to sob at the sight. Cedric, his pride and joy, his only son, laid dead before him.

As Cilla looked down at Cedric, the world slowed. There was no one else in the world but her and Cedric, and she was reminded of his compassion. His bravery. His... kindness. And she was reminded of that day in the hallway after her practice with Moody.

"Wait," Priscilla whispered when Amos reached out to hold Cedric. It took everything she had to put her arm in the way of a grieving father, but she wasn't ready to say goodbye yet. She had an idea, and she was stubborn enough to try it.

"Back away! Get back, all of you!" Dumbledore shouted to the crowd.

"Amos, let me try-"

"You can't!" Harry sobbed. "He's dead, I saw it, they used the killing curse-"

Priscilla shushed him desperately and turned to Cedric. She reached out and cupped his cheek with her trembling hand, and her other hand fiddled in her sleeve for her wand. She pointed it at his forehead and closed her eyes, praying this would work.

She thought of Cedric and all the memories she had made with him in one short year. 

When she met Cedric on the Hogwarts Express.

Laughing with Cedric in Charms class, making Flitwick all sorts of annoyed.

Sharing a million joints under the tree; plotting pumpkin heads for dragon duels.