31 | Lumos Infinitum

panic switch

- silversun pickups

The second task befell Hogwarts on the 24th of February. Even though Priscilla was excited to see Cedric brawl will some mermaids, there was a weird knot in her stomach that she just couldn't shake.

When she reached into her jacket pocket and found a slip of parchment that she definitely didn't put there, the single knot turned into a matted mess.

Lumos Infinitum was scrawled on the tiny piece of parchment.

She tried her hardest to recognize the handwriting, but no matter how hard she tried, it didn't look like anyone of her friends or even her parents. She passed the note around the breakfast table discreetly just to make sure, but there was no match.

"So, if future Cedric didn't send that, who did?" Nitara asked in a hushed tone. "That's not even a real spell."

"Unless future Cedric has friends and they're trying to tell me something," Cilla suggested, eyebrows furrowed in thought.

Cedric shrugged as he downed the last of his English muffin, in a rush to go get ready for the task. "What friends would I need other than you two? I have to go, but wish me luck!" He got up and began to walk out of the Great Hall, but stopped and turned back to his friends. "By the way, have you seen Cho?"

"No," Nitara spat. "Good luck though!" 

Priscilla continued to sit in silence, staring at the piece of parchment, her anxiety building.

"You excited for our date later, Cilla?" Fred asked cheerily. They were holding hands and walking with George and Nitara towards the Black Lake with the rest of the school.. She didn't respond, still wrapped in her thoughts. "Cilla?"

"Is that today?"

Fred stopped in his tracks and chuckled a bit. "Of course it is, did you forget?"

"Don't mind her today, Freddie," Nitara reassured, putting an arm around Cilla. "She's worried about Cedric, aren't you Cilla?" Cilla still didn't respond. She was fiddling with the piece of parchment in her pocket nervously. Nitara had to grab the back of Cilla's neck and force her head to nod.

"Didn't strike me for the worrying type, Cilly," George added, crossing his arms with a quirked brow.

"Sorry," Cilla breathed, and they all continued along to the Lake without another word.