06 | Fred & George

♫ mr. blue sky

- electric light orchestra

"hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race..."

"How the fuck are we supposed to write so much about moonstone? I've only written half of what we're supposed to and I feel like I've said all I could already," Priscilla groaned, her head resting in her pile of parchment. They had already spent a few hours in the library and have barely written a page...collectively.

Nitara smacked her lips and levitated one of the small stones with her hand (she had been practicing her wandless magic in her dorm before bed). She tilted her head to the side and studied the small stone with keen fascination. "They're quite pretty, though, moonstones. They're like diamonds bathed in milk."

Cilla leaned forward so she could look at the moonstone through the light streaming in from the library window. "Looks like little fireworks going off in there."

"Yeah," Fred agreed with a far-away smile.

"You could try filling your essay with really loooooong words," George suggested. "Like therefore, moreover, furthermore, more further there over..."

Priscilla laughed, grateful for George's joke.

"You can do it, Priscilla. Do you need a break?" Fred suggested.

"A break sounds fantastic!" Nitara slammed her textbook shut with a bang, earning her one of Pince's iconic glares. She mouthed 'sorry' at the librarian while everyone else at the table snickered.

"I'm sorry you guys couldn't enter the Tournament," Priscilla offered. "I really thought that ageing potion would work."

"No, you didn't," Nitara said matter-of-factly, sipping her tea out of her mug.

"Oh, Freddie, she's shot me," George gasped, falling into Fred's lap overdramatically with a hand on his forehead. Fred pushed his brother off of him and back into his seat.

"Still too soon?" Cilla laughed.

Fred sighed. "It's still a soft spot for him, poor soul."

"Damn right, it is! We were robbed of eternal glory!"

"Wouldn't you guys just," Nitara waved her hands in the air, "light fireworks everywhere, anyway?"

"We can do more than just fireworks, Dayal," Fred defended.

George nodded in agreement. "We've got big things on the way. Big."

Nitara rolled her eyes and sipped more of her tea, making Priscilla laugh.