03 | New Friends

magnets

- disclosure & lorde

"uh-oh, dancin' past the point of no return..."

Halfway to the Gryffindor common room, Fred remembered he hadn't asked Priscilla how she was doing. He was so worked up over quidditch and the tournament (he and George turned seventeen in April, and they still couldn't enter?) that he completely forgot about her.

"I'll catch up with you lot later," Fred said and turned quickly in the opposite direction.

"Say hello to Priscilla for us, mate!" George laughed.

Just his luck, Fred found Priscilla wandering around the courtyard outside the Great Hall. She was the only one left after the feast, looking at the view of the Forbidden Forest. Her arms were crossed and she had a slight smile on her face, lost in thought. When she heard him, she turned around and smiled.

"Tell me you've been in there before," she said, nodding towards the Forest.

Fred put his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "Depends on who's asking."

They both smiled at each other and got lost in the moment, then Fred remembered he came to find her for a reason. "I uh, I hope your head is okay," he said sheepishly.

She turned around to face him fully, resting her elbows on the ledge casually, "my parents say it's full of hot air, but that sorting hat said it's full of potential, so I'd say it's pretty okay."

Fred smiled and looked away. This girl was something.

"By the way, nice kettle. I would've just sparked his robes," Priscilla said.

"Wouldn't have worked. He would've floated away like a hot air balloon," Cilla looked at him confused, so he explained, "now that's a head full of hot air."

Priscilla laughed at his joke. "That's what Nitara said too."

"So... Slytherin, then?" Fred asked.

She nodded and shrugged. "I still don't know what it means, honestly."

Fred shoved his hands in his pockets and walked over where she stood at the ledge. They both turned to look out at the forest, its trees dancing in the wind. "Ambition, cunning, leadership, resourcefulness, cockiness, arrogance -"