42 | Saying Goodbye

♫ you're a fighter

- kyle dixon & michael stein

Priscilla was still trying to make sense of everything when everyone came back into Dumbledore's office. She knew her powers were uncommon, but she never would've guessed it was because she was a walking paradox. 

It made sense though. The dress, Vader, the note with lumos infinitum scrawled on it... there was a rogue wizard out there somewhere. It made her look up at Cedric who was leaning against the wall in deep thought. 

"Priscilla, we've arranged where you'll be staying this summer," Angela said to her daughter. She knelt down in front of the chair, trying awkwardly to give off a motherly presence. It made Cilla want to puke, so she stood up and rejoined Fred.

"You'll be staying with our friend, Sirius Black," Molly explained. "You'll need to go into hiding now that the Dark Lord knows who you are and what you can do."

"Can I go?" Harry cheered up considerably at the sound of Sirius' name. He was like a whole new person now compared to his haunted expression moments before.

"Sirius Black, as in the escaped from Azkaban mass-murderer, Sirius Black?" Priscilla asked in shock.

Harry smiled at her. "He's my godfather," he explained.

"Lovely chap, really," Fred whispered in her ear.

Well, it was better than going back to America and be stuck with another random nanny.

James frowned at his daughter. "We won't be able to contact you again, either."

"Don't bother trying," Priscilla snapped at her dad. The air in the room became quite awkward after that.

"We'll miss you?" Angela offered sadly.

Priscilla rolled her eyes and walked over to the door of Dumbledore's office. She opened the door and summoned the stairwell and looked back at her parents. "Just like you missed me every other time you left me? Whatever."

"Priscilla, dear..." Molly began but quieted down when she saw how determined Cilla was about this. The girl was not going to budge. Molly had never seen such a broken family like this before, it was something she could never understand.