05 | Blue

a-punk

- vampire weekend

"look outside at the raincoats coming, say 'oh'..."

The next morning, Priscilla woke up ready and refreshed after a long night of contemplation. She had the two sickles ready in her pocket to give to Hermione as her entrance fee to S.P.E.W. She also knew exactly how to get at Cho, and she was excited to tell Nitara her plan. She hoped Nitara would love it as much as she did... she also hoped she would be different from the Ilvermorny girls.

Regardless, Cilla was determined and ready to make an effort to put herself out there.

She went down to the Great Hall and stopped in her tracks at a very rare sight as she entered the room. Draco was sitting alone at the Slytherin table, scowling into his plate. She only knew him for a couple of days, but this didn't seem like him at all. Usually, he was surrounded by his goons, bragging and judging other students walking by. In the mood for games despite her very obvious lie about him making quidditch captain yesterday, Priscilla sat down next to him.

"What's on your mind, Malfoy?" she egged with a nudge as she began loading up her plate with potatoes.

"Turns out it was just a joke about making me quidditch captain. Flint wants to have one more season before he graduates."

Priscilla blinked. It's rare there is ever any truth to her lies, but that wasn't really what surprised her. Draco seemed so unlike himself at this moment, usually, he was so confident and cocky, and now he seems so... small.

"Well... whenever someone wrongs me, I think of how to be better and how to get better. How are you going to be better than them?" she asked, wanting to help.

Wait, should she even be helping him? He's called not one but now two of his friends a derogatory term that could easily apply to her and all of her family. He probably would've hated her if she actually told him the truth about her parents.

Draco continued to stare at his eggs for a moment, then his eyes lit up and he looked at her. "I know! I'll make prefect next year. Then they'll have to make me captain!"

Priscilla patted his shoulder. "I have no idea what a prefect actually is, but good luck Malfoy."

He grinned at her then blinked when she got up to walk towards Nitara, plate with potatoes in hand. "Wait, where are you going?"

"Very important business meeting, see ya later!" she called behind her as she ran off towards the table of black and yellow.