12 - Snowflakes

We walked down to the pitch, snowflakes filling the air, clouding our view. We got on our broomsticks, flying into the air to begin. I waved to Draco. He blew me a little kiss back. "I want a fair game, unlike last year," Madam Hooch eyed the Slytherin boys. "Three, two, one, go!" Hooch yelled, throwing the quaffle into the air. Ginny caught it swiftly, and I began to chase after her. "You go left!" I yelled. Jimmy nodded.

Ginny and I swerved through the Slytherin boys, hitting bludgers as they flew towards me, her throwing the quaffle into the Slytherin hoop. "Ten points to Gryffindor!" the announcer yelled. I gave her a high five. Slytherin had the quaffle now, which was rocketing straight towards Ron. "Come on, Ron," I muttered under my breath, speeding through the frigid air as I knocked bludgers out of my way.

The crowd roared as Ron kicked the quaffle away from our hoop. "Nice one, Ron!" I yelled, a huge smile on my face. "Why don't we get rid of you like we did last year, little bitch?" Derrek scoffed. "Go for it, but this time it'll be me kicking your ass instead of Draco," I sneered. A few boys laughed as I spoke. "You? Beat my ass?" Derrek chuckled. "Don't try me," I hissed. "Guys, leave her alone," Blaise spoke sternly. They shot him a dirty look as they flew away. "Thanks," I gave him a small smile. He only nodded.

Over and over again, Ron blocked every shot Slytherin took. "Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" the crowd shouted. A huge smile on my face; this was our best game in years. Ginny held the quaffle tight to her chest as we zoomed up and down the field, through Slytherin players. She took another shot, and before the Slytherin keeper could defend, I hit a bludger straight at his broom, knocking him out of the way. "Nice hit," Ginny smiled as the quaffle went through the hoop.

Gryffindor was up by forty points now. "Find the snitch, Harry," I mumbled, searching the skies as I chased after Katie. Harry was soon flying through the skies, the new Slytherin seeker on his tail. After five minutes of pure adrenalin, Harry flew around the stadium, the snitch held high in his hand. The crowd roared in cheers.

"THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!" Ginny and I hugged as we touched down, all of us gathering around Ron on the frozen grass. This was the happiest I had felt in a long time. "We played so well," Harry hugged me. "Ron you did marvelous," I smiled as we all huddled together, jumping up and down in excitement. I couldn't help but glance over to where Draco stood on the stands.

DRACO'S POV

Potter had caught the snitch. The Slytherin team grumbled as they returned to the locker rooms. Meanwhile, the Gryffindor team buzzed with excitement, people in the stands swarming the fields to congratulate them. My eyes scanned carefully as I walked through the crowd, finally landing on Caroline. She ran up to me squealing as she jumped in my arms. "You played beautifully," I smiled. She pulled away, looking into my eyes. Snowflakes fell into place on her soft brown hair, some landing in her eyelashes.

"Thanks," she giggled. Despite the commotion around us, we were lost in each other's gaze. She leaned up on her tip toes, pressing her soft lips against mine, filling my lungs with warmth despite the freezing temperatures. I smiled as she pulled away. "Caroline, party in the Gryffindor room!" Harry waved me over. "Duty calls," she winked as she walked away towards her friends.

My gaze turned from her to Snape, who was watching me from the stands. He stared at me bleakly, his face studying mine in curiosity. Before I could react, he was pulling me away, towards a part of the pitch with less people. "What are you going to do about her?" Snape hissed at me. "You know?" I questioned. "The Dark Lord is unaware of your relationship with her, and I intend to keep it that way, but you need a plan," he exclaimed.

"I won't kill her," I growled. "I know. But you need to make it look like you have. You need a plan, and she has to be in on it," Snape whispered. "What about the first task?" I asked. "You still have to do that one Mr. Malfoy, you're lucky I'm letting you off on the second one," Snape turned, leaving me alone in the dark.

CAROLINE'S POV

The Gryffindor's swarmed the common room as we all partied to blaring music. "Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" was being chanted as Ron stood on the table. I rolled my eyes as Ginny and I stood in the corner. Confetti fell from the air as Lavender stood under the table next to him, eyeing him desperately. "What's she trying to pull?" I questioned. "Looks like she's trying to get railed," Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Did you and Dean do anything?" I questioned her. "To answer your question, no," she smiled softly. The second I looked back, Ron and Lavender were making out in the center of the room. Everyone cheered as they kissed. "Woah there," I scoffed jokingly. Where were Harry and Hermione?

Before we knew it, Ron and Lavender had run off, and Ginny and I had returned to our dormitory.

DRACO'S POV

I'd gone to the astronomy tower to think. How would I tell her I had to kill her? Or at least, fake kill her? How could I convince The Dark Lord I had done it? That's when I thought, 'what if I used her powers against them?'. If her Mother had died from avada kedavra, maybe I could convince them she would die with that spell. If she mustered enough power, I'm sure she could handle it; right? Her Mother hadn't been prepared when she was struck with the spell. If Caroline knew it was coming... Then she could kill the other death eaters, and all would be well.

I thought up a plan, writing it down in my notebook. It would work; it had to.

I don't know what I'd do if I were wrong.