27 - Back in the Grave

HARRY'S POV

We arrived at the courtyard, everyone still hunched over Dumbledore's body. "We need help," I yelled, everyone turning around gasping at Caroline's body in my arms.

"Everybody stay here," Professor McGonagall motioned, telling Flitwick and the other Professors to watch over the students as she and Madam Pomfrey ran to the hospital wing with us. Ginny, Neville and Luna followed after us, Caroline's blood dripping on the floor as we ran through the halls.

"Place her here," Madam Pomfrey said frantically.

I put her down on the bed, Ginny taking my hand as we were motioned to stand back.

Madam Pomfrey pulled up curtains for privacy around her bed.

"You all sit in the waiting area," Professor McGonagall said.

We all sat waiting, Madam Pomfrey healing her wounds with essence of dittany. Professor McGonagall approached us.

"Has someone alerted Mr. Malfoy?" she asked us. We all sat silently.

"He was with her when this happened, he's one of them now," I mumbled.

"Did he do this?" she gasped.

"No, Snape did. He's the one who killed Dumbledore." Hermione said sadly.

McGonagall held her hand to her heart, sitting in one of the chairs out of shock. None of us saw this coming. After thirty minutes, Madam Pomfrey approached us.

"Will she recover?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"She will, but it will take time. She also had internal bleeding, along with a few bone fractures," she exclaimed.

"How long?" Hermione asked.

"At least a month for full recovery, that's at best," she said.

CAROLINE'S POV

I was back at my Mother's grave, the orange leaves hanging from the trees- where I had been two years ago.

"I've seen that you've done what I couldn't," a voice said.

I turned around to see my Mother.

"You're a lot stronger than I," she smiled.

"Don't say that," I muttered.

"But you are, you know you are," she looked at me.

"You've grown so much since I last saw you," she studied my face, the autumn air filling my lungs.

"What do I do now?" I asked.

"Remember when I said that the years would grow darker?" she asked, her light brown curls swaying lightly in the cold breeze. I nodded.

"This is not the end," she exclaimed, a grim expression growing on her face.

I simply stared at her.

"I know you seek revenge sweetheart, and I don't blame you," she sighed. "But don't allow your power to overcome your consciousness, or you may end up the exact same way as the thing you hate most," she sang.

"Where is Dad?" I asked her.

"He's sleeping, somewhere far far away from here. Go home, sweetheart. The world needs you."

and with the snap of her fingers, I was gone.